COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Where Did Freaky Friday Go?

Old May 6th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Where Did Freaky Friday Go?

I can't seem to pull up Freaky Friday. Is it just my computer?
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:54 AM
TheWeasel

I only read a little bit of it, but it started out really political and inspired some attacks after that. I'm guessing it was deleted/frozen because of personal attacks.

Old May 6th, 2006, 12:04 PM

I thought most fairly gentle and good natured.
Perhaps my head is thicker than my skin.
Feliz fin de semana.
M
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Guess all the researce I did re: the ethanol fuel rip off may have contributed.
Oil Industry execs are Santa Claus compared to the ADM, et.al. gougers, imhpo.
M
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM

The U/K question was pulled too....

but that one was completely childish banter and idiotic....
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM

And the very worst:

We were all encouraging others to get their colonoscopies.

Fodor's monitors should be really ashamed!!!!

M (TA SMdA, Gto., MX)
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:34 PM

TheWeasel, there were in fact some attacks and the thread was deleted. The attacker knows who he is and he can not stop his foul mouth from getting a thread deleted.

Mikemo, You were not the attacker and nothing you posted was offensive.
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:38 PM

The truth, jorr, is that you started the thread in the attack mode.
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:47 PM

beachbum, you are absolutely wrong. I did not attack anything. FFR&R is open to everyone and I have always invited everyone to post.
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:08 PM

It's a shame because most of the posts were very positive. I think that Jorr always throws out things to think about--whether funny or provocative. Too bad some people want to turn it into personal attacks. I personally just skim past the political stuff and just read the more personal posts about fellow Fodorites' real rants and raves.
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:11 PM

Well, just checking in and looks like I won't get any recaps. Putting politics aside, how's everyone?!

I hope this week was filled with good health news and happy thoughts for everyone!
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM

Gee, and I was just checking in to see what had been added to FF rants and raves and now it is gone....and I was going to add a new Rave -
that isn't it great we live in the USA and can voice opposing sides to anything without retribution.....so I guess now that becomes a Rant, although since I hadn't checked it for a day maybe it got so out of hand and/or became far too political for a travelers forum so there wasn't a choice.....either way - RAVE the weather is still great in New England !

Old May 6th, 2006, 01:40 PM

OWJ, have you visited Argentina? I saw a post by someone with a similar screenname and wondered if it were you.
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM

Yeah, what I had seen was good natured humor...Oh well.

Had a good couple days in Perdido Beach/Gulf Shores area this week, where DH had a meeting. He/his dept. received a special achievement/excellence award ( unexpected ) so that was very nice!

So how are you doing OWJ?

Presently we are awaiting the youngest DS to arrive for a visit and to go celebrate the BD of the eldest with his DW.

Had a couple of brief showers yesterday, but the huge rainfall predicted just doesn't seem to be materializing...and we need it desperately!

DH finished with the garage floor today. It looks alot better. Next, we are thinking of redoing the cool decking around the pool...maybe something a couple of shades darker since the white blinds you on 'pretty' days.
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Truthfully, I'm glad it was deleted.

Rave: Booked our tickets to London.
Rave: Booked our tickets to Portugal.
Rant: Have to wait until July to go.
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM
P_M

I did my first R&R post in the morning, then just before the thread was deleted I made a very long post to name everyone and wish them well, and also to post some late-breaking news. I'm going to be a granny-aunt!! I'll give details on the next R&R, since most people probably never saw my post from last night. I'm so exicted!! \/

And for the record, I'm EXTREMELY young to be a granny-aunt!! My sister was only 17 (almost 18) when her son (my nephew) was born, now my nephew is becoming a dad at only 23. So in a few months, my sister will be a 41-year-old granny.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Congratulations PM!

I've never heard the term "granny aunt" before. Being an aunt (see, I'm just a plain aunt, lol) is great and it's lots of fun too!
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:14 PM
P_M

You've probably never heard that term before because I created it. I've always said I wanted to be a granny, but since I'm not a mom, that makes it difficult. Therefore I came up with the term granny-aunt. That's my contribution to the English language.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:16 PM

We call that a great-aunt. You're gonna be pretty great at it too! Again, congratulations!!
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:20 PM
P_M

Thanks, stw!! Where I come from we also say great-aunt, but that makes me fee REALLY old. Somehow granny-aunt seems more fun. I don't know the exact due date yet, but I'm betting our first Christmas with the baby will be 2007. But I'm still going to start buying Christmas presents for him/her now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO