Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where can I find the best suites in Orlando for families?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though I live here I don't much about the rooms or suites that are available. Can anyone recommend a great hotel with suites for families? Preferably an all-suite hotel, because the rates are usually comparable with regualr hotels. We are on a budget! Any and all feedback is welcome.
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Welcome to Fodors, orlandonative2009!

There is information on large vacation home rentals here: http://tinyurl.com/cc8mgk

Also, just type "Orlando suites" or "Disney suites" into the Search the Forums box at the top of the page. There is good information on these topics from previous posters.

Good luck!
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

I would actually be more interested in all-suite hotels as opposed to vacation home rentals, because we like the convenience on the restaurants on-site and large pools. And we try and avoid timeshares because we don't want to be roped in or badgered for a sales pitch. Just somewhere somewhat quiet so we can all relax and get away for the weekend.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM

We have stayed at Runaway Beach Club (Mike Ditka resort) several times, they are 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites. They acatually look like they failed as appartments and someone bought them out and turned them into a hotel. Very nice accomidations and pool, but I am not sure if there is a resturant on site. It is close grocery stores, resturants and wal-mart, as well as the attractions. It is also resonable, I just booked a 2 bedroom 2 bath in April for less than $150.00 a night.

There is also Nicelodeon Family Suites, but we found it too pricey, with rooms starting at $260.00 a night.

Don't stay at Parc Conce (sp?) suites, we stayed once and they were horrible.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM

We have stayed at the Buena Vista Suites in Feb. It was comfortable for family of four. The restaurant and pool were nice. The complimentary full breakfast was a plus.
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 01:12 PM

We liked the Doubletree Suites -- got a suite (2 doubles plus queen-sized pullout) in the height of holiday season for like $115/night.