Suite Hotel Closest to WDW

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suite Hotel Closest to WDW

My family of 5 is planning on going to Disney World in late January. with my 3 children. We would like to find a hotel that offers 2 BR suites and is as close to the Magic Kingdom as possible. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Barb
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:00 PM

There are a couple of suite properties in Lake Buena Vista.however,they are only one bedroom:Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites.The only 2 bedroom is the Summerfield Suites at 8480 International Drive.There may also be condos in the area,but your request was for "hotel". HTH....S
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:15 PM

The Holiday Inn Family Suites offers 2 bedroom suites. It's a great set-up for kids and within minutes of the Disney properties.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 01:09 PM

Hi Barb! A good site which lists hotels, discount codes etc. is mousesavers.com.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 01:13 PM
GoTravel

A couple of the hotels inside Disney property offer suites. Ditto on Mousesavers.com and disboards.com.

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 03:29 PM

We also like to stay in suite hotels when visiting Disney. The Holiday Inn Family Suites is a favorite - but be warned that there is no door between the two bedrooms. There is a door between the bedrooms and the living room, so the grownups can stay up later. The Holiday Inn Sunspree is a regular hotel room with a 3/4 wall around 2 sets of bunkbeds - no way to have privacy. You should also check out the condos, like Vistana Resort. These offer 2 real bedrooms, a real kitchen (great for snacks and breakfast). There are other timeshare condos in the area that have rentals.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:59 AM

The Holiday Inn Family Suites suite we stayed in had a door closing off the master bedroom and a curtain closing off the smaller bedroom. Since the smaller bedroom did not have a window, I'm assuming they could not install a door due to fire codes.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 07:05 AM

I would like to recommend the Wyndham Palms Resort & Country Club. We stayed there in July for a couple of nights before moving on to Universal. We had a two bedroom, two bath condo, with a full kitchen, sofa bed, washer & dryer, 52 inch tv, jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom and a screened-in balcony. The master bedroom had a king size bed and the other bedroom had two double beds. Our condo was two months old and everything was brand new. The condo was 1,552 square feet. I booked this thru hotelkingdom.com at the rate of $89 per night. We did not have to attend a timeshare presentation at this price. We had a rental car and it was a five minute drive from WDW. The complex had a golf course, swimming pools, mini-golf, etc. I believe there was a free buffet breakfast offered Monday through Friday. It was really quite nice and a real bargain at $89.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of the info you provided. I will be checking all of your ideas out.

Barb