When is a good time to go to Las Vegas?

Old Feb 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is a good time to go to Las Vegas?

hi everyone,
just wanted to ask: When is it the best and cheapest time to go to Las Vegas? We would like to have good weather and a time when it's not crowded. Thanks in advance,
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 09:36 AM

Vegas isn't just a gambling town - it's also a convention town and it seems that everytime I've been there (except summer) it has been busy ... but that's Vegas.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 09:37 AM

burkysgirl..What is "good" weather for you? Different strokes for different folks.I usually dont go in July/Aug the heat is oppressive.As far as crowds, to me, its always crowded.I just go with the flow.Whether its the Undertakers convention or the Oopsie-Doopsie Real Estate Moguls, I cant tell the difference.The only time it might be "dead" is between Dec 15 and Christmas.There may have been a "slow" time for LV in the past, but not any more.Like my Great GrandPa would say: Pigs to the Trough!
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM

We were there in late September - the weather was warm, but not hot. But there were lots of people - that's what Vegas is all about! We did several side trips to get away from the crowds such as Hoover Dam and a drive up Mt. Charleston.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 10:48 AM

Although there isn't a slow time anymore (good weather is when everyone else wants to be there too!), it does tend to be slower during the week than on the weekends.

That said, if you're going to Vegas, you'll have to tolerate a decent crowd level. It just comes with the territory!

If you're willing to bend on the crowds, then please elaborate on the weather wishes. Or, you can check a website like www.wunderground.com for historical weather data.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 10:52 AM

I say it depends on what you want to do. A lot of people never go outside in LV -- they gamble all night and sleep most of the day. If you've got the scratch, you can take an air-conditioned taxi if you want to leave your hotel.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM

The best weather time I've seen (I don't like it too hot) is in early April or the last time I went was the first week of November really nice and cool, the crowd was not that bad either and as someone else mentioned mid week is the best not only for the crowds but, to get the best rates in the hotels, can usually stay in the best hotels under $150.00 per night. Going outside of Vegas is great visit Valley of Fire (about 30 min) if you want to go a little further Bryce Canyon was beautiful. Have a great time.