Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Wheather and Crowds in Disney in December, 3. Could someone help this poor Brazilian girl?

Search

Wheather and Crowds in Disney in December, 3. Could someone help this poor Brazilian girl?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 09:18 AM
Adriana Navogin

I will go with a friend to Disney, we are both around 20 y.o., and will spend 2 weeks beginning December 3, 1998. Will we get frozen? Will it be warm enough to go to the waterparks? Will it be crowded?
Thanks everybody in advance!!!! If you have any suggestion on economic hotels, please send me!!

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 04:21 PM
Sharon

This time of year is ideal at Disney World as the crowds are lightest in early December. It is generally fairly warm with highs often in the low 80's and high 70's (25-26 celsius I think). You have picked a lovely time to come. Are you going to spend 2 weeks at Disney and Orlando. Hope you will see more of Florida while you are here.

Old Aug 29th, 1998, 06:48 PM
Kevin ROdriguez

We went 2 years ago November. It's a great time to go to Disney. They say the crowds are at their lowest at that time of the year. The weather is also great. We had a few sprinkles of rain 2 days during the week. Other than that it was great weather. The humidity is mild and the temps are ideal.

Old Aug 30th, 1998, 08:37 AM
Tricia

We too went to Disney World in December and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. The water and beaches were perfect. Have a great time and watch out for those alligators!

Old Sep 2nd, 1998, 03:41 PM
Carol Sue

The weather is usually warm enough for water parks in December. The crowds are there, but not as bad as other times of the year, so you have to plan your time at the different parks. Disney's Animal Kingdom is the newest park, and so the most crowded. Go about 3:00PM on two or three days and you will see everything with minimum lines. At Epcot, go to the countries first and the rides after. Usually people start at the rides early and there are lines. Make sure you catch the fireworks and laser show,IllumiNations at Epcot. The Magic Kingdom and MGM is the least crowded on Sunday. If you do have lines, they move fast.
As far as economic hotels, there really are none in Disneyworld. There are many in Orlando and Kissimmee. If you have a car there is no problem, if not you have to rely on the hotels' shuttle services. The least expensive of the Disneyworld hotels is the ALL-Star resorts, Music and Sports, which run from $74 a night. The most expensive is the Grand Floridian which runs from $294-$510 per night. The are many other hotels in between, and all have different themes. All park tickets are extra but Disney does offer room and ticket plans. If you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me. You will have a great time.