What's your pick for an LA restaurant?

Nov 3rd, 1999, 04:18 AM
Neal Sanders

What's your pick for an LA restaurant?

I'll be in LA this weekend, staying in the Westwood/Bel Air area. Can anyone recommend an interesting restaurant in that part of town? I'll try anything once, so no limits on cuisine; just not a bank-buster, thank you.

Nov 3rd, 1999, 08:13 AM
Tracey

There are plenty of great restaurants in and around that area. Visit http://www.calendarlive.com and choose a location and type of food you enjoy and it will give you recommendations and prices. I have had great luck with this site in the past. It also will show different events going on over the weekend. Enjoy your visit, we have been having beautiful weather!

Nov 3rd, 1999, 08:24 AM
sabrina

If you like low country/sophisticated Southern cuisine, try Georgia. Very good food and great people watching. Last time I was there I saw Denzel Washington (a part-owner), Blair Underwood, Jasmine Guy and, believe it or not, Rodney King all in one sitting. The sweet potato pie is a must.

Nov 3rd, 1999, 09:55 AM
michele

Neal,

If you like Indian food, Bombay Cafe , 12021 Pico Blvd. is excellent and reasonable.
Four Oaks, 2181 N. Beverly Glen is a lovely cozy place with excellent French food and has been in business for quite a long time. It's relatively expensive, but not up there with Hotel Bel-air or L'Orangerie.

I have heard great things about Woodside, 11604 San Vincente Blvd. which serves classic American cuisine and is reasonable.
If I were you , I would pick-up a copy of Los Angeles Magazine and use their neighborhood dining guide in the back.

Have fun...weather is divine ( not too hot, not too cold, sunny and clear)
in LA today.

Nov 3rd, 1999, 12:32 PM
David

When I visit LA, I always try to make it to Cafe LaBoheme on Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood. The environment is sorta Gothic stage set w/huge fireplace, chandelers, fountain. It's two stories high with a wrap around balcony, though I prefer the huge semi-private booths downstairs.
All of the food is excellent, although I can't pass up the filet mignon w/incredible sauce reduction.

Nov 5th, 1999, 12:48 PM
cherie

I like Valentinos out on West Side....Fabulous Italian food. Only a bit pricy.

Nov 5th, 1999, 07:17 PM
Melinda

Spago's in Beverly Hills. The angel hair pasta with wild mushrooms sounds run of the mill but is pure heaven. Getting in is hard...go late and ask for a table in the outdoor courtyard with the huge 100 year old olive tree and really beautiful fountain. Nice heaters all around if it is chilly. There is the a very "beautiful" crowd that is fun to watch. We were there in April and sat next to Patrick Swayze and Val Kilmer. The food though is just wonderful. Desserts are perfect...no oreo pie on this menu. Very worth the inflated price. Wolfgangs wife did a a wonderful job with the decor. We get to eat there twice a year on business and I never have been disappointed even with so many choices in the LA area.