Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What's up with Embassy Suites, Deerfield Beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2007, 06:33 PM
hdm
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach, Florida, 2 or 3 times and we've enjoyed it there. It's nothing fancy but we like the location and extra room and the price is in our range.

We'd like to go this December (22 to 27) but when I checked there website, it says no rooms are available. Could this be so? I know Christmas is a busy time but this is only July. Besides, the other Embassy Suites in the area (Boca Raton and Ft Lauderdale) both have available rooms. Expedia says no rooms as well.

I'm going to try calling tomorrow but in the meantime, if you have any ideas of why it may be booked up so early, or ideas of similar hotels, I'd be glad to hear them.

We stayed at the Pelican Beach Resort last Christmas and while it's a very pretty hotel, the thing I didn't care for is that the pool is situated in such a way that most of it is in the shade at that time of the year. Picky, I know, but all I really want to do on these trips is sit out by the pool, read trashy novels and drink frothy drinks.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 12:35 AM

Hace run into this before with trying to book hotels and even a cruise on websites. Go to expedia or travelocity and see if you can book there - that might be an indication of whether or not rooms are available. You can check price and even decide to book at one of these sites. I also think calling in AM is a good idea.

It is possible website only lets you book 6 months in advance.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 03:11 AM

Usually places do not give their whole inventory of rooms to Expedia or other booking agent, but keep some off line to book over their own phones. Call!
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 03:27 AM
hdm
Original Poster

Nothing available on expedia but I did try the hotel's own website.

I'm going to call today.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 04:36 AM

It could be the 6 month thing. It could also be the hotel is being renovated or sold. Hope you'll report back once you've phoned.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 10:15 AM
hdm
Original Poster

Well, I phoned today. The problem was that I was keying in a five-night stay and you have to stay a minimum of 6 nights for rooms to be available for you.

OK, I was willing to stay another night. But BOY, do the prices ever change after December 21! A room that was $229 on December 20th goes up to $339 on December 21! And that's their cheapest. Some of the oceanfront suites are over $400! Hey, this is Embassy Suites we're talking about here, not some posh hotel.

I think that's just nuts!
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 10:22 AM
OO

Gulp!! Really!! You might get a better deal through their website.

I agree, nuts. Worse, the period immediately around Christmas is traditionally a very slow period, even when we were in FL! Most people are staying home, or are with family for Christmas. Right around New Years it picks up.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Try staying in Delray Beach if you have never been there. F.antastic beach, plenty of shops, restaurants and nightlife along Atlantic Ave.