Sawadee Booking No Refund?

Old Aug 24th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sawadee Booking No Refund?

I've been reading good reports of booking Bangkok hotel rooms through sawadee.com, so yesterday I booked the Marriott for the end of September for 3 nights.

Today I got confirmation that the reservation was succesfull but they want the full amount as a deposit and it clearly says that there is no refund. Is this normal as previous posters have stated that one of the benefits of using them is the cancellation policy.

I've tried calling them but the phone seems to be permanently engaged.

Normally I would use Priceline which also has no refund policy but I specifically want this suite at this hotel.

Geordie
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 11:08 PM

I am surprised that they want the full amount as a deposit but yes they do not refund deposits. I have booked two hotels with them and hoping for the best. If you really want this particular suite at that hotel, I would either book direct at the hotel OR just book it with them... It doesnt sound like you will cancel if its what you really want?!
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 11:33 PM

hi
I think, you can choose another
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 11:44 PM

It can depend on the hotel's own policy, also considor that it's within I guess 4 weeks, if that is where you plan to stay then I would take it, normaly you give some days or a day deposit and balance a few weeks ahead to secure the good price deals. It's similar with the cheapest deals on fares.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, it is a good deal compared with other sites so I think I'll go ahead and book it.

Geordie
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 07:12 PM

my experience with them is that they take one nites costs as a deposit only if there is some time before the stay takes place....you are very close to your stay now...less than a month i gather....so they want the whole price in one transaction....i once booked the marriott one week in advance with them for 3 days and they took the whole amount in the initial deposit...

i think it is in the small print....

have you tried this #: 66-2-2553105

refunds are slow based on previous posts...
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 12:20 AM

You can purchase insurance with them for a small amount extra when you pay the full amount - perhaps that is the cancellation policy you have read about. The deposit is otherwise non-refundable (although when a friend had to cancel due to redundancy and the booking was still six months away, they did refund some of her deposit).