what's to do in St. Agustine?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are flying into Jacksonville for a trip to Savannah from the west coast and are planning to spend some time in St. Augistine. Is there enough to do there to occupy a day or two? Also, is there much to do in Jacksonville?
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:26 AM

St Augustine is a neat town to walk around in. Quaint. I think a day is good there.... To me, Jacksonville is just a city, but over on the West coast of Florida (not that bad a drive at all), there's a neat place called Homosassa Springs. If you've got a few days before you go to Savannah (which is a neat little city), I'd see St Augustine (fort and all), run over to the west coast for a day - then go up to Savannah....
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:57 AM

I spent a week in St. Augustine last winter. Depends on what you enjoy. I liked the street cafes, the many museums and the Castillo.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 12:51 PM

There is plenty of things to see and do in St Augustine to occupy a couple of days. The Spanish Quarter, Lightner Museum, horse drawn carriage tours, Old Village Museum, Alligator Farm, a visit to Amelia Island.... see http://www.go-florida.net/st-augustine-florida.htm for more information and suggestions.

Jacksonville is far more of a business center than a tourist destination but its worth a visit if you have the time. Jacksonville Landing for shopping, Jacksonville Beach for swimming and relaxation, major sports events, world class museums and exhibits, a Budweiser Brewery tour... see http://www.go-florida.net/jacksonville.htm for more suggestions.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Agree with hely5.

Here is a good description <http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...&tid=35093983> of things to do in St. Augustine, plus a list of some of my favorite restaurants.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 01:40 PM

The trolley tour is especially interesting. I've done two trolley tours, and the one that departs from the visitors center was the best.