Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What's the best way to/from San Francisco airport (I'm staying in Union Square)?

Search

What's the best way to/from San Francisco airport (I'm staying in Union Square)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 12:58 PM
Ben

Thank you.

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 03:58 PM
Monica Richards

There's no public transportation options, but there are van shuttles. Call the hotel where you are staying and ask who they recommend.

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 04:20 PM
Louis

The easiest way is to take a taxi at $30 to $35. It is the best way if there are more than 1 person. Vans come by all gates and they will take you door to door for about $10 to $12 per person. During peak hours, Bart is the fastest way. It is said that there are shuttles to the Bart Station in South SF. I have taken a taxi but they hate you for it. The nearest stop on Market street is about 2 blocks from Union Square. If you don't take Bart during peak hours, take a van as the meter will not be running.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 12:26 AM
Harriet

I've taken the SUPER SHUTTLE (van service) several times. They'll pick you up anywhere you want, make no more than 3 stops on the way to the airport and will drop you right at the gate. They're fast, easy and efficient. The drivers are also very nice folks. The cost is about $12. They have an 800 number listing. Good luck!

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 06:22 AM
cp

I second the Super Shuttle AKA Big Blue Van. As a San Francisco resident I can say that when I cn get a friend to take me to the airport this is who I use. They are the most efficient.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 07:31 AM
Emily

There are also shuttles that take you from the Airport to the major Union Square hotels. They cost $10 and if your hotel isn't one of the ones where they stop right at the front door, you'll be close enough if you're in the Square.