Search

What's B&B ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Tom

What's B&B ?

This may sound silly, but does abbreviation "B&B" mean?

Thank you.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 11:56 AM
ME

It means Bed and Breakfast.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 11:56 AM
xxx

Bed & Breakfast

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Suzie

Bed and Breakfast. It's usually accomodations that are more intimate, consisting of a room and maybe a private or shared bathroom. Run by owners who in most cases live on site. The accomodations include a breakfast after a nights stay. Delightful way to travel.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Tom

Thank you.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 12:03 PM
boozehound

Just in case Tom wandered onto this site by mistake, it also stands for "Benedictine and Brandy", a fine drink on the rocks.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 04:33 PM
kkgirl

Just be aware that some such as my husband find B&Bs just too damned cute and not private enough. You run the risk of booking with an overly zealous owner who wants to adopt you for your stay. We prefer small hotels instead.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 04:57 PM
Beaman

Agree, kkgirl.
While I understand why some people love B&B's, I value the privacy of hotels and often vacation to get away from stresses of work life, and don't wish to be fawned over or have to spend a lot of time socializing with B&B owners and other guests if I'm in 'depressurize mode'.
But they are a great alternative for people looking for a more intimate, social experience during their travels.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 06:49 PM
Street

Hmmm. Doesn't B&B stand for Borbon and Brothels?