Reload this Page >

What to do on the 4th in Honolulu

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2000, 07:57 PM
Amanda

I am going to Honolulu for two weeks (honeymoon) and find myself there over the 4th of July. Any suggestions for a Canadian couple to enjoy some fantastic, patriotic, celebrations?

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 01:37 PM
David

The major activity on July 4 in Honolulu is at Ala Moana Park/Magic Island, just west of Waikiki. There will be many local families out having their picnics, the beach is beautiful, and after dark there will be a big fireworks show. You can walk there from Waikiki and avoid the traffic.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 07:16 AM
j

I am also going to be in Honolulu for the 4th and was wondering if it would be nice to be on a sunset cruise or some type of boat to see the fireworks.

Where is the best location to check out the fireworks from the land where it isn't too crowded (we are staying at the Waikiki Parc).

Thanks

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 01:35 AM
Aloha

Traffic, parking, and picnic space are commodities in the Ala Moana area on the 4th of July. So there is no such thing as a good place to view fireworks on land, that day! Since Ala Moana Center is the sponsor of this entire show, they open up their parking deck for people to sit (bring a cushion or beach chair!) from about 3 PM. At about 5 or 6, they have free entertainment all the way up till 8 PM, when the fireworks show starts. I usually get down to the shopping center earlier in the day to shop, eat, and watch other entertainment until it's time to get my seat on the top parking deck.

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 06:52 AM
Lani

Hey there Aloha,

You are giving us great information here. Stay with us on this Forum - it's lovely to have someone give us the nitty gritty details!

Aloha, Aloha

Lani

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 05:13 PM
kalena

Hi Amanda:

The 4th of July festivities draw thousands, if not tens of thousands, to Ala Moana. The best luxury seat in town to see the fireworks is at the Mariposa Restaurant. Unfortunately, it's been booked for months. But check anyway, since it's your honeymoon...who knows what might open up?

Another great view is from an upper level room at the Prince Hotel. The pool deck at the Prince will also be open to non-guests, and it's an excellent viewing spot. Although it will be crowded there too, if you get there early you can stake out a table, kick back and enjoy drinks and pupus. If you call ahead, and let them know it's your honeymoon, you might be able to reserve a table.

If you decide to brave the crowds and see the fireworks from the park or from the parking lot at the shopping center, do walk there from your hotel. The post-fireworks gridlock takes about an hour and it's a drag to be caught in!

Another fun thing happening this weekend is "A Taste of Honolulu", on the grounds of City Hall. And for those of you coming over in the next month, the shower trees are in full bloom! Enjoy!
k

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 01:10 AM
dmd808

I've seen the fireworks show at the Aloha Towers Marketplace. Very upclose and personal since Aloha Towers is right on the water at the pier! Many enjoy the live entertainment and dancing at the Pier Bar. Its an awesome place to be for a celebration!

Aloha

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 09:15 PM
Aloha

Lani,

U da bes!

Aloha!!!!!