What to do in Oahu...

Search

What to do in Oahu...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do in Oahu...

My fiance and I are traveling to Hawaii for our honeymoon in June. We are starting our vacation with two nights in Oahu before heading on to Maui and the Big Island. We arrive in Honolulu at 1pm on a Friday and were planning on seeing Pearl Harbor, the Missouri and Bowfin on Saturday morning, first thing. Any suggestions on what to do on Friday once we arrive and then the rest of Saturday (assuming we'll have time) and Sunday morning/early afternoon? Our flight out of HNL leaves at 4:30 or so on Sunday. Some things we're interested in are hiking Diamond Head, Honauma Bay, seeing the North Shore. Any suggestions on if we'll have time to do some of those? Thanks!
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 03:43 AM

Aloha Hawai`i05, you did not mention where you are staying on Oahu, but I'll offer suggestions nonetheless.

We snorkeling so for Friday Afternoon would head west to Ko`Olina lagoons for a pleasant introduction.

On Saturday after PH/Bowfin/MO tours, would head east to Hanauma Bay(link: www.honolulu.gov/parks/facility/hanaumabay/information.htm for a chance at awesome snorkeling and see if any parking spots opened up, people come and go all day. If Hanauma lot full keep going on east/north to check out windward coast beaches (e.g. Lanakai, Kailua.

On Sunday, would try Hanauma bay early AM if you didn't get enough on Saturday, then drive east/north to check out the "north shore" and alternative snorkel spots (see Oahu Revealed and return back through central Oahu stopping at Dole plantation etc. Map link: www.bestofhawaii.com/maps/images/oahu.jpg
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 06:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you're staying in Waikiki there's lots to do simply walking aroud there. And various tours in Honolulu like Iolani Place, Chinatown, Doris Duke Shangri La, etc. You can get to Hanauma Bay by The Bus (public transport) if you want to. For Friday evening how about sunset, drinks and dinner somewhere romantic on the beach? Seems to me like you're schedule's a bit tight to fit in going to the North Shore (but this is coming from someone who just spent 8 days and didn't have the urge to leave Waikiki!).

Old Apr 11th, 2005, 09:56 AM

To review a variety of Chinatown guided tours, go to:

http://www.chinatownhi.com/gwt.asp

Old Apr 11th, 2005, 01:02 PM

Honestly I would skip Hanauma Bay--there's plenty of great snorkeling on Maui and the Big Island. On Friday take a sunset cruise off Waikiki--there's a white catamaran with a blue and white sail that leaves from behind the Outrigger Waikiki that's very relaxing (some boats try to force a party atmosphere) and a great way to start your vacation. You may want to go over around 4 to make sure you get a spot. It should be $15 per peson. On Saturday, after Pearl Harbor, if you want to do some souveneir shopping head over to the Aloha Stadium swap meet. Very cheap and often nice things. Then head up to the North Shore, with a stop at the Dole Plantation on the way for plantation iced tea (tea with pineapple juice). On Sunday get up very early and hike Diamond Head for beautiful views.