Reload this Page >

What to do in Naples

Search

What to do in Naples

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Rob

What to do in Naples

My wife and I will be staying in Naples over Labor Day weekend. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on activities while we are there other than the fabulous beaches. I am interested in dining locations, nightlife, i.e. good music, dancing, and other activities that would be fun. We are 32 and 35 respectively. All suggestions are really appreciated. We are staying at the Laplaya if that matters.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Rebecca

Definitely dine at Baleen which is in LaPlaya. Make reservations for around sunset. It is fabulous.

Most women like shopping and Naples has its fair share of it. 5th Avenue is nice or if you like outlets try the Miromar outlets. Rent bikes. This will be more of a relaxing vacation than a place to see lots of sites.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:09 AM
xxxxx

Visit the Spanish Quarter, walk along the lungomare, visit Mt. Vesuvius, daytrip to Pompeii, and then hydrofoil out to Capri...
Oh...you meant Naples, Florida...ugh
There should be some early bird specials around....

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 10:57 AM
suze

Any more suggestions? I'll also be in Florida over Labor Day weekend (staying w/friend in Fort Lauderdale) and am interested in a day trip to the west coast.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Andy

Dinner ideas- there is a fancy restaurant in the Registry Inn--it is awesome-has the BEST rack of LAMB-- we ate there 2 x in a 10 day trip...

If your wife is into SHOPPING, also go to Zazaou==an awesome combination ladies store and homes store-has the entire line of Makenzie Childs plus tons of other neat gift items for the home......

There are a couple of terrifc Bistros on 5th Ave that are super trendy and good- ask your concierge for a list....

You can go Deep sea fishing for 1/2 day, or rent paddle boats to go out into the gulf-- and possibly Jet Ski-'

Also make sure you go to OLDE NAPLES- the shops there are fabulous--the entire small city is shopper heaven....

In the RItz Calton on Vanderbilt Beach , they have a great Lobby Bar with music on weekends- get a martini and sit back and relax...soft romantic music--not dance music....

Again=your concierge can tell you the trendy nite spots......

Have a great time....

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:14 PM
traveler

As corny as it may seem~take the Naples trolley. It stops at all the hotels and they go around Naples. They give a great informative tour. I have gone to Naples four times and I've loved it every time! I've wanted to stay at The Registry Resort and other great resorts but I always find myself back at the Naples Beach and Golf Resort near Old Naples. The reason being is that they have a fantastic tiki bar right on the ocean with a kareoke guy every night . On Sundays they have a live band. The bartender told me the last time I was there (July 2002) that they have a huge local turn out on Sundays because of the band. It's just a really nice place that is elegant yet very unstuffy so I always find myself (and spouse) back at the Naples Beach and Golf Resort. I'd have to highly recommend an evening by that tiki bar. Sunsets are unbelievable!

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 05:43 AM
cc

ttt

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Debbie

Rob-If you've got the time, why not take the 45 min. drive north and visit Sanibel Island while there?

Drive out to the lighthouse, rent bikes and ride around the isle or just enjoy the beaches.

Worth the short drive!

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Angelo

The Italians have a saying, "See Naples and die." Meaning, that once you have laid eyes on Naples, you've seen it all. But then again, they're probably talking about the "real" Naples.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:37 PM
LL

Hi Rob
My husband and I go to Naples all the tim (we are 31) so here are my suggestions: Sunset Happy hour at the Naples Beach hotel and Club ( the bar is on the Ocean w/ live music on weekends) If you are looking for dancing, go to Club Zanzibar in the Registry Hotel - 3 levels - very fun! Tommy Bahamas Cafe on 3rd ave. has great food ( seafood and steaks- upscale) and drinks and a very carribean atmosphere. Also, on 5th Ave. I recommend Chops steakhouse and Corks wine bar across the street for a glass of wine before dinnder. McCabes Irish Pub and Yabba's, also very good food. Both of these are also on 5th and are fun - Friday night on 5th Ave. is a young crowd so ignore the above poster who mentioned"early bird" referring to senior citizens. I think Naples is much more fun than Miami and is not like what people think in terms of a retirement community - we are planning to move there in the near future. The "downtown" area (5th Ave. and 3rd St.) is about a 15 min. drive from La Playa. There is also a place for dancing at the Ritz that I heard was fun but haveb't been to, yet. Also, if you like Japanese there is a place near La Playa on Vanderbilt Rd. called Da Ru Ma - great food- Hibachi style. Have a great time!!

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Mitch

Pamper yourself at the best Spa in the world!!! The Spa located in the Ritz Carlton. Incredible place!!! Spend the entire day there.