Search

What to do???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Olivia

What to do???

Hi I'm an 11 year old who is going to Seatle with her family in August. I was wondering what would be the best things to do and places to go for a preteen in Seatle.
I would also like to know of any parks or YMCA's. How easy is it to make your way around Seatle??

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 01:54 PM
xxx

The first thing to do is make a new posting with a more specific title, such as "Seattle advice for 11 year old" or "Seattle places of interest for preteen." You'll get better responses that way. Then I'd do a yellow pages search for YMCA in Seattle. (If you can figure out how to post on Fordor's you should be able to do that.) And finally, I'd recognize that Seattle has two ts.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Susan

xxx: you didn't have to be so condescending about the 2 t's...Wld. you talk to an adult like that?

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Suzy

I laughed out loud when "xxx" corrected Olivia's spelling of Seattle, since he misspelled "Fodors" as "Fordors"!! Hey, xxx, Seattle has teo t's and Fodors has one r!

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:36 PM
xxx

Can't you guys see that this is a troll? What 11 year old would call herself a preteen? And why would she be interested in YMCAs?

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:45 PM
marge

Er, Miss Suzy Bigshot, while you're laughing out loud, maybe you should also laugh at yourself--the word is *two* and not *teo*.

And let's face it--everyone knows that your error was probably a typo, as was the Fodor error. But I don't think you can say the same thing for Seattle when it was misspelled 2X (once in the title & 2X in the posting).

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Suzy

Well, I can laugh at myself, too, I guess.

I still say it's worse to misspell "Fodors" when it's right there in front of you on the screen. At least "Seatle" was consistent!

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Olivia

O ok now i can spell Seattle sheesh.
No I'm not a troll. If anyone went to the Hyatt in Seattle please tell me if you would recamend it.
I was typing fast ok.
Got 2 see firworks.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:42 PM
WC

Go away kid, you bother me!

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Olivia

O ok so i keep typeing fast it isn't my fault. Happy fourth!! Is anyone gonna help me get advice?? (and not on my spelling!)

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:05 PM
yoohoo

Is anybody going to answer this kid's question, or are you all just going to sit around trying to show that you're more sophisticated than an 11-year-old? (I'm not sure that you are, actually.) I'm assuming that she discovered this site, thought she'd post a legitimate question, and isn't being treated very well by the so-called "adults."

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:33 PM
pj

We are going to Seattle also with my 11 year old son and niece! We are taking them to the music experience, look to google and type it in. Read about Pike market and Pioneer square. Lots of music in the downtown area during the day. Play with the google site you will find lots of answers. PJ