What Island,What Hotel?

Search

What Island,What Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 07:34 PM
Haven

What Island,What Hotel?

Greetins,
Now we are really confused. Enjoyed reading the reviews, but we are unable to decide where to stay. We were set on the Ritz at Kapalua,but I here it is very far from the beach. How about the Rnaissance? The EB discount is a great value! Should we scratch Maui all together, and go to Kauai?

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 08:41 PM
ezron

Maui has been voted the FAVORITE ISLAND DESTINATION by the readers of Conde Nast Travel magazine for the last 5 years. Does that say something??? No matter where you stay you should rent a car and explore the many beaches and beauty that Maui has to offer.JMHO

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 03:30 PM
Carmen

The Kapalua Bay Hotel has the nicest snorkelling beach, calmer waters than in Wailea. The Ritz is on a different beach, much rougher.

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 06:29 PM
Lou

Stayed at Renaissance Wailea Resort last week and it was great. The hotel is on a nice beach and good snorkle areas. Best of all it is slightly less expensive and the Grand Wailea and Four Seasons are next door if you want a $150 dinner. Great area.

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 12:15 PM
Gary

Scrap Maui and go to Kauai. Maui is beautiful, but very commercial and very crowded. Kauai is idyllic. The Hyatt there is about the nicest resort hotel we have ever been to. It is an unbelievable vacation, we were there 4 years ago and are going back next week.

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 05:59 PM
Barb

Lou,
You said you stayed at the Renaissance Wailea last week. Please tell me your impressions of the Outrigger Wailea which is near the Renaissance. I understand there have been major renovations (possibly still ongoing). I wanted to stay at the Kea Lani in August, but my travel agent messed up and booked Outrigger Wailea. By the time I found out, Kea Lani, Four Seasons, and Grand Wailea were all booked up.

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 08:56 AM
sammie

I stayed at the Renaissance Wailea 2 weeks ago, walked into the OUtrigger to use the business center. I did not see any sign of construction.