Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is your fantasy trip?

Anyplace for any reason, let me know.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:31 PM
gyppielou

North shore kauai then off to Morrea, a couple of weeks exploring New Zealand, another stop at a polynesian island, back to Maui for 5 nights in a fully appointed house in Hana, wrapped up with a few nights at 4S. And you????

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

I could not tell you exactly as to were it would be, or how long it would last, but I'll tell you this. I see myself on a winding mountain road. It is probably late june or early july. The sun is setting, making the clouds glow a orange/gold color. As I ride down the winding road, I fell no stress, no anxiety or worries, just good thoughts and satisfied expectations. As I cruise down the road on my motorcycle, the warm breeze of pacific winds crests my hair backwards. And for the first time since my early childhood, I feel completely free. That is my fantasy trip. Thank you for asking gyppielou.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 06:26 PM
gyppielou

It's a great question. I don't ride but know the joy of riding the roads of Bermuda on a scooter, pushing it to its limit and smelling fresh mowed grass......heaven sent from colder climates. The smile on my face, never bigger!

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:20 PM

Years ago I saw (on the internet) a magical place on an island. Beyond the beach strip there was luxurious greenery, and little huts up peaking from between the trees, all painted in bright colors. I've been dreaming about that place since, the irony being that I didn't bookmark the page. I haven't been able to remember or find out what island that was.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:38 PM

Two different trips....
1. Egypt -- I would love to take my family there and see all the wonders.
2. Australia -- At least 2 weeks. Family is pounding at the doors to go!
Now, if I could only win the lotto!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:11 PM

When we retire (in 10 years), the first thing we will do is take a two month long trip to the Cook Islands, Figi, New Zealand, Australia and stop in Hawaii on the way back home.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:51 PM

African Safari ~ Going on a guided tour through a game park, on foot.

Alaskan Cruise ~ timing it right and seeing the Northern Lights.

Driving coast to coast in the USA

Sailing a charter yacht in the Greek islands.

...and much, much more.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 09:12 PM

Bora Bora,
Pearl Beach Resort, the hut (overwater bungalow) on the end.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 05:50 AM

Can I have two trips? First, Ireland for the last week of May, first week of June, in the southwest counties. Then two weeks in Australia and New Zealand. The high priority in both trips.....cannot wear my watch!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:09 AM

What a great question! Mine is a three month tour of Europe--I'd see every thing I've ever wanted to see over there, immerse myself in the local cultures, stay in the nicest hotels (fantasy trip, right?!), eat the local cuisine, and meet a ton of interesting people. I've taken a couple of trips to Europe on a tight budget and I've always wondered what it would be like with unlimited funds!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:27 AM

Hire a big boat (with crew). Cruise down the US West Coast, stopping at various ports in Oregon and California. From there do the same down the West Coast of Mexico and Central America, before crossing over to Hawaii for a few months. From there head south to French Polynesia where I'd spend a minimum of 2 years exploring the islands of the South Pacific, gradually working my way westward through the Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji etc. Stop off for a while in New Zealand, then move north to explore the old battlefields of the Solomon Islands and places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Viet Nam etc. From there I'd work my way around the world, making sure to see the Seychelles (real high on my "dream list" of places to go).

Total trip time - 10 years or so.

Hey, it's a dream. Why think small?

Ken
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:40 AM

I'm with Ken on the idea of spending a very long time (ideally, the rest of my life) traveling. Trips I've thought about include:

- 4 weeks driving through Italy
- 3 weeks driving through France
- 2 weeks exploring Greek Islands
- 3 weeks in Alaska. Fly in, then drive some, take local boat trips, hike, etc.
- 6 weeks to finish walking the Colorado trail
- 4 weeks exploring New England and going up to Acadia NP
- a week on St. John
- a week or 2 hanging out in Paris
- 3-4 weeks exploring islands in French Polynesia
- a Panama Canal cruise, plus time in the Andes, Patagonia
- 6 weeks to visit Australia and New Zealand
- Eco tour of the Galapagos
- a month in Hawaii (this willl be partially fulfilled by a 2 week trip after Christmas this year, but I'll still need to do the hiking/tent camping part with my husband some other time.
- a world cruise
- many others!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Kal

After reading books about Ernest Shackelton when I was in the 5th grade, I've always wanted to go to the South Pole. Especially since I've also liked astronomy from about the same time. (Thank you Mr.K!)

I've never been south of the Equator so it would be great to see "The Southern Cross" (CSN's song leaps to mind) and others.

Would also like to go up to Barrow, Alaska.

Then, of course, a few weeks on Kauai to thaw out!
Kal
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:18 AM

Anywhere that I don't have to go back to work when the trip is over.........
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:50 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Orbital, or even sub-orbital, space flight. Hope I live long enough.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:03 AM

#1) I would love to spend the winter months in a nice warm island location. I want to be able to go without shoes, long pants, sweatshirts, etc. for the whole winter. In fact, being able to go without clothes all together would "suit" me just fine! I want to eat fresh fruit for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in addition to tasting all sorts of new delicious (but CALORIE FREE - it's a fantasy right?) dishes - much of which would be seafood.

#2) If you've ever watched the "making of" for the film Lord of the Rings... That it what I want... NEW ZEALAND. I want to see all the beauty and unblemished nature of it. WOW!

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 10:03 AM

I want a week in Vegas, penthouse accomodation at the Bellagio, stocked minibar with a jacuzzi in the room, ample gambling credits, and a black Escalade with tinted windows, ground effects and a tight sound system to cruise around in. Filthy!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 11:13 AM

Since we are talking fantasy...and I 've already been to Autralia and New Zealand.....I'd love a trip on the space shuttle. The idea of experiencing space and seeing earth form space..travel is very exciting.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 11:21 AM

I have a few, but maybe tops would also be an over water bungalow in Bora Bora.

Other than that - Backpacking thru Europe.

Stay at family run B&B's for a month or so in Ireland and Scotland

This is definitely making the ice storm here in Texas feel worse than it is....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -