Reload this Page >

What is there to do in Hawaii?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 02:58 PM
AllisonS

Besides palm trees (they have 'em in all of Florida), beaches (in all of Florida), sun (in Florida), romance (anywhere). What is there to see and do in Hawaii?

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 03:15 PM
Paula

Oh my word, I AM in Heaven. Don't they say Hawaii is like heaven and that is where all the travel agents send us and where they aren't allowed?

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 06:53 AM
Ken Young

In Hawaii, you will find gorgeous tropical scenery unlike anything in Florida. You will find many beautiful waterfalls with pools that you can swim in. You will find sheer, dramatic sea cliffs (Kauai & Molokai). Some of the best hiking trails in the world are in Hawaii. Sure, you can find a lot of tourist garbage, but if you're smart, you'll find a place to stay away from the crowds and explore some of the most awe-inspiring earth that exists. All that, plus what Florida has to offer (minus Mickey Mouse).

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 08:26 AM
donna m

I live in florida, and it does not compare to the natural beauty that is unique to hawaii (outside of honolulu/waikiki), the wonderful people who live there, the feeling of being in another country(without going to another country).

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 10:13 AM
J. Fish

Here are some interesting things to do:

Go Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay
See the 7 cultures of Hawaii at the Polyneasian Culture Center
See the Free USS Arizona Memorial
See the Free Kodak Hula Show and enjoy the music and dancing
Ride an outrigger canoe on Waikiki beach
Travel to Kauai and see the Napali coastline
Eat Shaved ice with Pina Cola syrrup
Look at the swim suits on Waikiki Beach
Go to a Luau
See the largest Hawaiian Shirt at Hilo Hati's
Go shopping at the International Market Place.
Visit all 67 ABC stores in downtown Waikiki.
Go find a pineapple field.
Ride the bus around the island for $1.

If you get bored, then something is seriously wrong. Hawaii is greatest place to be.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 10:22 AM
Warren

Also, Florida didn't have any erupting volcanoes when I last checked.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 11:40 AM
laszlo

Hawaii is of course a wonderful place. But be forewarned: visiting there places one at risk of contracting a rare disease known as "insignificantitis." The malady manifests itself by one or all of the following: experiencing a euphoria not unlike that of my grandmother after she eats a doughnut; inability to stop rambling about obscure, nonsensical inner "feelings"; a seemingly inescapable urge to write inane drivel to travel web sites; being in possession of thirteen albums containing photographs of a vacation nobody else cares about.

So, be careful.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 11:30 AM
The Real Noach

You left out other things that Florida has that Hawaii doesn't: Irate cuban-americans who want Elian; Criminals that prey on tourists (mostly German); lots and lots of old people; significant innercity poverty and crime; George UU's brother; bad baseball teams; and me. www.noach.com

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 11:57 AM
K

You forgot to mention rednecks... you still are in the south y'all