Christmas in NY and Conn.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 10:30 AM
Rachel

Christmas in NY and Conn.

Message: Hi I am going to be in Conn. and NY over the Christmas holidays and was looking for some advice. I like to antique and vintage store shop plus I love the Theatre. I believe I will be attending the Christmas spectacular in NY at Radio City Music Hall but are there any other shows that you could reccomend? Plus, general things to do in the city not so much big tourist things though. Looking for a really great Italian restaurant as well. Thanks

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 10:31 AM
rachel

I have re-posted my message because I think no one was responing because I mis-spelt Christmas in my header last time.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 10:33 AM
rachel

Author: rachel ([email protected])
Date: 11/07/2000, 11:35 am ET

Message: Thank you to those who replied to my questions but I would also like to know about things to do in Conn. I will be staying around Hartford and Norwalk. I am going to be in NY and Conn. between Dec. 16 and January 1 any ideas of must sees and do are very welcome. Thank you again to those who already answered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 10:51 AM
Deena Williams

New York City -- Recommend the Museum of Televison and Radio ($6, or free w/ AAA card). Can watch 2 hrs of programming that you select from their huge library. They have screenings too. Get there when they open at 12 noon. You can come and go all day. Lunch break across the street at Au Bon Pain. Backstage tour of Madison Square Garden is interesting too. Very good Italian restaurant: Trecolori, 133 W 45th St.
Hartford - Hartford Stage is showing A Christmas Carol. Their work is top-rate. Wadsworth Atheneum is also excellent (oldest public art museum in the US) and everyone's favorite, the Mark Twain House.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 11:59 AM
Deena

oops - that restaurant is Trattoria Trecolori.