Search

What is Sedona ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 11:00 AM
julia wells

What is Sedona ?

It sounds stupid because we're staying there for three nights at the Soutwest Inn, but I've lost track of why I'm going, except it's on the way to the Grand Canyon. 20yr old son is asking what's it like, and I don't know what to tell him. Does it have a website? All useful answers welcome. Thanks, Julia

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 11:44 AM
JoAnn

Julia, I did a search for Sedona and came up with a bunch--but try this first
http://www.sedona.net/
We spent a night there 6 or 7 years ago on our way from Scottsdale to Las Vegas, and I'd love to go back. Red Rock formations, high desert, mountains, Oak Creek Canyon, some jeep tours, neat shops in town. Have a great time.

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 06:56 PM
April

While in the area, I wouldn't miss Montezuma Castle. It's better in person than in the pictures and is easy to get to.
http://www.nps.gov/moca/

Old Mar 20th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Al

Try sedonachamber.com and then phone toll-free to 1-800-288-7336 and ask the Sedona Chamber to send you a copy of their free 70page color booklet, "Experience Sedona." Gives you all sorts of ideas of things to do, places to visit, etc.

Old Mar 20th, 2000, 06:51 AM
julia wells

Thanks to the three of you. I now have loads of information downloaded - I'm a bit late to send off for the booklet, we leave in two days. It sounds a terrific place. I'll post my findings when we get back home. All the best, Julia.