Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What is closed in St. Louis this Friday?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many places where I live are closed on Friday due to the day of rememberance for Former President Reagan. Are any attractions, such as the Arch, closed on Friday? (I will be in St. Louis Friday-Sunday).
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:09 AM

All federal buildings will be closed, but not sure about the Arch. It is under National Park Service. I know that the St. Louis Science Center will be open, as my daughter works there. They have a new space exhibit and Harry Potter is showing in the Omnimax. I also think the zoo will be open, as well as Six Flags. Restaurants on the Hill and Ted Drewes...enough to keep you busy!
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

St. Louis was a great three day trip! I highly recommend it. Here is my report.

I got a standard size car (yellow mustang) for three days from Hertz with AAA discount and coupon total was $48.00.

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt St. Louis which is lovely for $48 a night on Priceline. It is a renovated train station. Staff was quite friendly. It is connected to a small mall. Quite convenient.

I spent the first day on the Anhauser-Busch Tour (free tour and free bear).

I went to Ted Drewes for Frozen Yogurt known as "concrete." It was tasty, but not served upside down as advertised.

I ate at Phil's barbeque. Friendly staff, but mediocre barbeque.

Saturday, I went to Forest Park. Fantastic! In the park is the St. Louis Zoo, History Museum, Art Museum, Science Center. Free admission and free parking!

Sunday, I went to the sculpture park. Sculptures everywhere and, again, free.

I also went to the Meramac Caverns. They were pretty nice, but the tour guide was new and could not answer questions. The price was about $12.00

Went to the top of the Arch and saw the film about how the Arch was built. Price: $12.00. Well worth it.

Old Jun 20th, 2004, 09:04 AM

enjoylife,

Glad you had a good time in StL. Too bad the barbecue was lame - you have to go to KC for good barbecue I think. Ted Drewes rarely gives me my custard upside down either. I hope it was crowded while you were there. It's much more fun when it's crowded!
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Ted Drewes got crowded once a motor coach pulled up with a wedding party, including bride and groom, who stopped for some concrete after the wedding. It was quite a sight!