Reload this Page >

What is an entertainment book/card?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 09:48 PM
brenda

Have noticed several references to entertainment cards and books. They seem to have coupons for great discounts. Would they be helpful for Maui/BI and how do I get them in Colorado? thanx, bcool

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 10:20 PM
Debbie

Hi Brenda,

You can find Entertainment books at www.entertainment.com I buy one every year and save hundreds on 50% off lodging and meals.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 04:46 AM
Owen O'Neill

To further clarify - they're issued/printed by city or area and include discount coupons for everything from drycleaning to fast food to hotel to restaurants. You can save $$ but there are usually conditions - e.g. the better quality restaurants may indicate that the coupon is good only prior to or in some cases not valid on Fri or Sat night. Hotel coupons are typically for a discount from the rack rate (which few hotels actually charge). Always best to do the research when using it and make sure you're really saving $$. As a rule, if you use the bookcard twice at a decent restaurant, you have saved enough to cover the cost of the book and it becomes a true moneysaver after that. Also note that the dining coupons not usually good for solo travelers as they are often uy one get one free" entrees.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 09:06 AM
James Michalek

I bought one last year to help a friend's daughter fund a trip to Europe with her (the daughter's) school. It's got coupons for stuff like dry cleaning, buy-one-get-a-free-one, et cetera. I wouldn't buy one to spend a day somewhere with, but if you're spending a week or so (or, like me, live in a city where they cover), it's well worth the $35 you'd spend, and it's nice to be able to help someone earn a trip or some band instruments or lab equipment or the like. You can surf to www.entertainment.com. I live about a hundred miles from Chicago, and bought that one online, as well as the South Bend, Indiana edition, and Appleton, WI (about 80 miles north) and Madison, WI (about 80 miles west), to cover the places I get to about once a month. You can NOT order your local edition online, but can find causes to support by buying books from members.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Laura

The school I teach at sells them every year, they are great fundraiser and can save you money from groceries to hotels. Check your local schools next year before you buy one on line... we get a great percentage of the money..

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Laura

I just read teh above post and noticed that James bought one for $35.00

The prices must vary because we sell them for $20