Whale watching in NE

Oct 30th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Libby

Whale watching in NE

Thanks everyone for answering my previous questions. I checked out some of the websites and found whalewatching....something I've always wanted to do. What time of year is the best time to see them...please tell me its may/june!!!

Oct 30th, 2001, 12:28 PM
cg

My mom and I went whale watching through the Boston aquarium over Memorial Day a few years ago. I can't remember the type of whales we saw, but we saw several - including a mother and calf. It was great!

Oct 30th, 2001, 03:50 PM
maxwell

We went on a whale watching trip from Cape Cod (it was June). They had a guarantee that we would see whales (which we did). Supposedly you can see whales off the Cape any time of year. Go!! It was a great trip!!

Nov 1st, 2001, 12:03 PM
Laurie

I have whale watched twice -- once in Provincetown & once in Bar Harbor, Maine (both in the summer time & saw lots of whales)!

Nov 1st, 2001, 03:29 PM
Mustangs81

Just went whale watching Columbus Day weekend in New Hampshire. Great 4 hour trip. We used Granite State Whale Watching. We had a good number of sightings. The staff was knowledgable and caring. This company is out of Rye Harbor. Of course there are other companies in the area, but this just to relay our experience.

Nov 23rd, 2001, 04:23 AM
Melissa

Hi, I am from New Brunswick Canada, which is right beside Maine. Whale watching is good all summer, but I was told once by a fisherman, that Whales are out more in August and September. I think you will have no problem spotting them in june though. My father fixes engines in boats, and says he sees whales all the time just taking the boat out for a test run off the coast. Have a great time.