Search

Wet 'n Wild Orlando

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Jean

Wet 'n Wild Orlando

For anyone who has gone, how does this park compare to the Disney Water Parks? Which one do you prefer?

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Stephanie P.

Jean:

Haven't been to Wet n' Wild in a while but really enjoyed riding the slides when I was 16. Disney is way too crowded at River Country. Wet n' Wild is nice in that there are so many more reasonably restaurants on Internation'l Drive as compared to Disney prices.

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Will

The locals definately prefer WetnWild. They offer a $39 pass all summer long and when I was kid I went every day. Wetnwild has alot more water rides. The Disney water parks are more themed and have less rides and are less agressive. Its like comparing Disney's Magic Kingdom to Six Flags.

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Jean

Thanks Stephanie and Will for your input.

Old May 16th, 2002, 06:37 AM
been there done that

It's a matter of personal taste and expectations I think. I have been to all the water parks in Orlando and like Disney's the best. I like how the water rides at the Disney parks are amidst vegetation, have more variety (slow, fast, short, meandering, etc.) and overall more water rides. I found W&W to be a set in the middle of a city and built totally on concrete. To me it seemed out of place. If the admission is part of your package it would be worth going to for variety. If it isn't part of your package already, I personally wouldn't go. If you do go, wear watershoes and plenty of sunscreen. All that concrete hurts and there is very little shade.

Old May 16th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Merilee

Skip Wet 'N' Wild on International Drive in Orlando and spend your time at one of Disney's water parks...As Will posted, Wet 'N' Wild gets overloaded with the young locals, who have a tendency to take over the place.

Old May 16th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Tricia

Jean,
I totally agree with Merilee.
We were @Wet n Wild last Spring. Have also been to each Disney water park.
My family was in total agreement that Disney's Blizzard Beach was the best. Typhoon Lagoon is a close second. Wet n Wild was just o.k., not as clean as a Disney park. Quite a bit of "debris" in the wave pool (old band-aids, hairballs, etc.)
Hubby managed to enjoy himself though ~~ they have very tall beers for sale @Wet n Wild.