Westin Maui - How far does $100 go?

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 01:15 PM
Steve Muniak

Westin Maui - How far does $100 go?

We are considering a package at the Westin Maui that includes a $100 a day food credit for two.

Just how far will this go on the property?

Any comments or suggestins are welcomed...

Steve Muniak

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 05:58 PM
JC

Steve,

Sorry I can't help - we stayed at the Westin for 1 night and loved its pool area and proximity to the restaurants at Whaler's Village (next door), since we're not big on hotel restaurants. Maybe you could contact the hotel and get the price ranges of their restaurants.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 07:15 PM
Lani

Steve,

The Westin has a range of restaurants from very casual/inexpensive to very expensive, all with good reputations. So it will depend on what you want to spend for a meal!

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 06:09 PM
Rick

We stayed a week at the Westin last Oct.
Like the previous poster said, there are several places to eat on property..ALL but a few spendy..the $100 would cover a good dinner at most, without wine...maybe dinner and lunch at the pool cafe,,The breakfast buffet was right around $20 apiece if I remember. I'd find out the price without the credit,,there's just TOO many GREAT places to eat close by. To be stuck feeling you HAVE to eat there
would be a shame.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 07:19 AM
Frank

I agree with Rick's comments, although I have stayed at the nearby Hyatt and never at the Westin. I would suggest that you have your dinners outside of the hotel, at such nearby restaurants as Roy's, Sansei, Hula Grill. In my opinion, none of the hotel restaurants can match up to these. If the $100 food credit must remain as part of your hotel package, then opt for the buffet breakfast (excellent at the nearby Hyatt and probably fine at the Westin,too), maybe a lunchtime snack poolside and (if the credit is applicable to drinks) a pre-dinner drink or a nightcap in the lounge.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 11:22 AM
Allison

Rick is correct. I used to work there. The only reason you would want to eat there is in the mornings when you wake up at 3am because of the time change and you are bored because the rest of the world isn't up yet. Maui/Lahaina offers to much to stay and eat at the hotel. Don't do it.