Westin Kierland Villas, Scottsdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend can stay at the Westin Kierland Villas (this is different than the Westin Kierland Hotel) for a nominal price if she listens to a timeshare promo. Has anyone stayed here and if so, what do you think?
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 08:18 PM

Hi orangetravelcat ~ we recently stayed at the Westin Kierland in the main hotel not the Villas, so I cannot comment on the Villas but I will say that the resort is lovely and was quite enjoyable.

What is the nominal price? If there stay is coming up soon, I will say that she/he can probably get a good rate due to off season at this resort or other 5 stars in the area and not have to sit through the timeshare promo.

It is so hot there now, rates are at their lowest...

Hope I have helped in some way, we really enjoyed the resort and have stayed there twice now.
Best wishes, Tiff
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM

sorry, meant to say if "their' not "there" lol - bed time soon

Old Jun 21st, 2006, 05:21 AM

We got this same offer at the beginning of this year. When I tried to find out what dates were actually available...they had nothing when I wanted to go {Spring}.

The way this works...you pay first and THEN you talk to someone else to pick dates. I told them I wouldn't do it that way until I knew for sure I could get dates I wanted. They then told me that you have a year of 18 months [can't remember which] to book after you pay.

I would only do this if you can be sure that the dates wanted are available.

And I think that on the back of the offer, it says something to the effect that they can put you in a "comparable hotel" at their discretion.

And I would also be sure that I could say no to the presentation and walk away. If you do a search on TIMESHARE PRESENTATION in the box above, you should find earlier postings on this topic.

I am doing one in Hawaii because the deal was too good to pass up and because I was able to get the exact dates I wanted.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 10:30 AM

I know this will be regarded as snotty - but if you are going to take the freebie, I personally think you are obligated to sit through the presentation. Not more than that - but not less either. If you don't want to 'pay the price' of the freebie, then pay your own way.

Since when is anything in life free?
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 09:11 PM

We stayed at the W K Villas on the same package and enjoyed ourselves a great deal, and we intentionally went in August for our anniversary. The rooms are pleasant, the staff is friendly, and you can use the facilities at the main hotel. We parked our car when we got there and walked everywhere - to the main hotel, to the Kierland Commons and (mostly) to the pool. Have to confess we were so favorably impressed that we bought a timeshare and this is after having owned one that I HATED for 20 years! Not because of pressure either- still no buyers remorse. I suppose the other thing I should confess is that we live in the So Cal desert so heat isn't a deal breaker for us - temps over 100 in August are hometown for us. If you want to go, I'd check it. Good luck!
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

This would not be until spring 2007. I don't know all the details of the offer but will relay all this info to my friend. Thanks.