Search

Weight Watchering in Maui

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weight Watchering in Maui

Hello!

I am going to Maui with a friend who is doing Weight Watchers. Can anyone suggest some places to eat that are dieter friendly?
(No plate lunches for her.)
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 01:30 AM

Poi.
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 01:58 AM

Down to Earth (vegetarian) or Alive & Well (meat, low carb, vegetarian). Not fine dining but both are near the airport.
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 08:55 AM

I've been doing weight watchers for about a year now. Pretty successful program, I'm sure more so, if I'd not 'cheat' so often. That being said, I've found it pretty easy to travel and not gain weight doing so. The key for me is walking. I get up early every morning and walk before dear husband is out of bed. Both of us also do a lot of walking during the day. I also don't eat a lot of desserts, and try to watch portion size. The good thing about WW is that you can eat just about anything. Jean
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 09:16 AM
bonniebroad

The good thing about WeightWatchers is that you can follow your plan in any decent restaurant, just a matter of making those healthy selections, and keeping your hands out of the bread basket and eyes away from the dessert tray!

Old Oct 8th, 2004, 10:50 AM

With so many fresh fish choices and fresh local fruit and veggies it should be no problem. And of course have a plate lunch! Just order a green salad instead of the potato-mac and ask for one scoop instead of two of rice and then only eat half of that. I do not "diet" per se, but I eat healthy. Most places here are more than happy to accommodate a substitution or special request and most will substitute tofu for meat in many of their dishes.
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:40 AM

A millions years ago when I gave birth and joined they had a special booklet with local foods. You may try contacting them here. WW does let you eat anything in small portions. Tell her to stick to salads, fish and vegies.