Weekend in Rhinebeck

Oct 24th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Susan

Weekend in Rhinebeck

My husband and I are planning a weekend in Rhinebeck without the kids. We booked the Delamater Inn and are looking for restaurant suggestions. We tried Culinary Institute but they are booked. Any other suggestions?

Oct 24th, 2002, 06:40 PM
yankee

Hi Susan: I stayed at the Delamater this past May. We ate at the CIA, luckily we got a reservation in advance. I was told that calling the "day of" may get you in (cancellations, no-shows) worth a try. In Rhinebeck...we dined in a great little Italian-Bistro type restaurant. I don't remember the name. All I can tell you is that if you exit the Delamater and walk in the direction of the Beekman Arms, to your left and across an empty lot, you'll see a few little restaurants, a couple of them seemed nice. Sorry I can't help with the name. We also ate in the Beekman Arms and enjoyed our meal. We preferred to sit in the porch area(enclosed) and had a great time. Have fun.

Oct 24th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Kate

Although this is not a restaurant suggestion, I wanted to tell you that there is a cute, VERY CLEAN, little movie theater in the center of town. Might be a nice idea after dinner one night. Have a great time on your "get-away" weekend!

Oct 25th, 2002, 04:36 AM
steve

Belvedere B&B, a little over a mile south of Rhinebeck on 9 is good for dinner. The Chinese Restaurant in Rhinecliff is good. Kingston has a very good French Restaurant. There is a good bakery on 199, six or seven doors east from 9, on the north side of the street. Across the street there is also a good diner like place for breakfast. Beekman Arms is sometimes very good, the best bet there is the salmon.

Oct 25th, 2002, 06:41 AM
tommy

Try Mina in Red Hook. Upscale quiet delicious. Here is their website:

http://minarestaurant.com/