WDW/Universal in January

Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

WDW/Universal in January

My husband and I will be in Orlando in January - no children. We were there last year and did several WDW attactions, but did not have time to explore Universal or Sea World. We would like to visit Epcot again, but were thinking to concentrate this trip on Universal and Sea World. Here are my questions - We have 3 full days in the parks:
1. Will we need a full day at Sea World?
2. Will we need 2 days at Universal (Universal and Island of Adventure)?
3. Should we substitute Island of Adventure for MGM Studios which we missed the last time?
4. We have Thursday, Friday and Saturday - which park should be the least busy on Saturday?
Any help is appreciated.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 09:58 AM

Our family visted orlando in march of 2004. Of course it was spring break so everything was extremely busy. We envy those that get to travel in quieter times. Anyways, seaworld for a full day. I don't know. I guess it depends if you've been to anything similar in the past. The Shamu show is entertaining. There are two rides Kracken and Atlantis. In January I wouldn't think you'd have to wait in line very long. There is a sea lion show and other exhibits to look at. Penguins and stingrays. I don't think it should take a whole day. I would spend one full day at each universal and islands of adventure. Islands was definetely our boys favotite. So, no I wouldn't substitiute it for mgm, unless you really wanted to see fantasmic. As far as which park is least busy according to days, I believe I looked info up on an unofficial wdw site. Sorry, it was a couple of years ago I planned that trip so I'm kind of forgetful. We found we just had to be at whatever park we chose when the gates opened. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:36 AM

Here is a link w/ some Universal information: www.allearsnet.com/uni/uni.htm
Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I have read some now on Island of Adventure and I am concerned that there are a lot of "wet" rides - not a problem in summer, but not something I want to be in January. If we skip all the wet rides, will there be enough left to justify the ticket price and the time spent?
Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:57 AM

I would opt for MGM over Isle of Adventure. Mid to end of January is a great time, should be minimal crowds.

Adults only trip is fantastic. Drink around the World at Epcot is a fun challenge! 1 at each country but I have such a hard time getting past Mexico (great Margarittas).
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:26 PM

I think Islands of Adventure is much better than MGM. There are only really two rides there that get you quite wet. The park theming there is so totally amazing! If you stay at one of the on site hotels at Universal you get all day express access. You just show your room key and go right to the express entrance. It's like having a Fast Pass all day long.
Go to www.disboards.com and scroll down to the Universal Forums for some great information. There is also information there on Sea World. If you want to see all the shows at Sea World, it could take up the best part of a day. There are also some shows at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.

Search this Thread