Search

WDW tickets, advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WDW tickets, advice

There are many Disney specific sites available, each more confusing than the last. So, here I am seeking advice. I will be attending a conference in Kissimmee (Gaylord Palms) and will have my 21 year old niece with me. Our leisure time will be limited to 2 afternoons, evenings and a Saturday. I would like to take her to the WDW parks, as she has never been. I was there in 1999. My questions... Are half-day tickets available (price)? If I get a 3 day pass, does it need to be used on consecutive days? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:07 AM

No, there are no half day tickets. Multiple day passes do not have to be used on consecutive days and do not expire so in theory you could use one of the days 10 years from now. Make sure you order your tickets online at waltdisneyworld.com ahead of time as they are 15% cheaper.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:51 AM

Be careful! The passes used to have no expiration date but as of January 2nd there is a new ticket policy where you have to pay extra if you want the no expiration date feature. Otherwise, the whole pass will expire 14 days after 1st use.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:59 AM

LMT, here's the link to the website. Pat, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...etsLandingPage
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Consider Universal Studios instead. The younger family members (16-21 year old) actually prefer it to Disney because the rides and special effects are edgier. Universal often has fabulous buy one day, get one day free passes and other gimics.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:37 PM

Disboards.com and mousesavers are great websites for Disney.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 03:20 PM

The three day "Magic Your Way" is $181. If you want the option of going from one park to another on a particular day, it is $218 from a ticket discounter called Maple Leaf. www.mapleleaftickets.com. They do not have to be used on consecutive days but they do expire after 14 days. There will be plenty for your neice to enjoy at Disney World.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 04:52 PM

Wow, Pat, I didn't realize that! So glad I have 3 days left on all the Park Hoppers for my family!

LMT, not sure if you realize: If you buy a one day ticket to Disney, it is for one park only. If you buy a multi-day ticket, it is for park-mixing. But now with that 14-day restriction, I don't know what you should do. But at least they would not have to be 3 consecutive days with the two weeks.

The thing is, you probably wouldn't get your "money's worth" by using a whole ticket just to get in for the evening, which I think you sense, since you inquired about half-day tickets. The two afternoons and evenings, and full day Saturday would probably get you to most of what you'd want to see - but at an acceptable price?

Don't forget there are a couple other options for the evenings without tickets, such as a dinner show (I hear the Polynesian at SeaWorld is great; Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede has good reviews too), Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney, or City Walk at Universal, or even dinner and strolling around the Boardwalk.

Good Luck, and have fun!

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 06:15 PM

Just so you know - Disney just did a major overhaul of their ticketing system. You tickets that are for one park (any park of your choice) per day are a little less. It is a little more to get the park hopping option. It is supposed to allow people to pay only for the features they want. For example, although the standard ticket now expires after 14 days, you can pay for a "non-expiring" option...but it is spendy.

Old Jan 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the responses. Obviously, I would like to get the most for my money and use the time wisely. I've studied the pricing information (and it does require studying and a degree in math, in my opinion) and there really is no good "deal" option offered. "Magic" does not come cheaply, so you just have to spend it. I will check out that waltdisneyworld.com website for tickets. I did consider Universal. I figured for convenience and simplicity sake, WDW would be sufficient.(I personally prefer it.) It is all new to my niece, so I'm sure she will be entertained. Thanks again for the advice, I appreciate it.