Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Disneyworld ticket discounts? Please help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All- Do you know if it is possible to get discounts on Disneyworld tickets at all? Maybe through AAA or something? ANy advice would be helpful thanks a ton! (Oh- this is for July)
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:35 AM

I don't think that you can get discount disney tickets. You can try ebay, but you'll probably not have any luck.

I attached a link to an article that fodors wrote last week. Disney is bringing down the price of the tickets for the longer you stay.

http://www.fodors.com/wire/archives/001004.cfm
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:31 AM

You may also want to be careful if you are buying "secondhand" tickets as the newer ones, though they may not expire, may require a fingerprint scan to use. Apparently the "Magic Your Way" tickets are going to use this feature for multiple day passes to avoid numerous people using more than one pass.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 11:38 AM

I found the best prices at ticketmania.com and undercovertourist.com. I decided to go through ticketmania and was very satisfied. Also visit wdwinfo.com for more helpful information.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 11:54 AM

Greenhouse, you say you got "the best" prices at ticketmania, but were they any lower than buying them at the property? When I checked, I didn't see where they were, and as I recall they were actually MORE expensive since there was a service charge involved. It was my impression that there is no regular discounting source where you can buy discount tickets. Can anyone prove me wrong on that?
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 12:00 PM

I'll apologize. I see they have now removed the service charges from their website. And they show that tickets are a dollar or two less than at the gate. I haven't checked to confirm that is true. But for saving 2 or 3 dollars on a couple of four day tickets, I'd rather take my chances and buy them at the gate. If I bought them in advance and something happened, I'd be out a whole lot more.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 01:35 PM

My understanding--from my brother who purchased his tkts that way--is that Triple A sells disc tkts that one must buy ahead of time. A simple phone call or trip to the AAA website should provide the info.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 03:58 PM

Unless you are a Florida resident, there really aren't discount tickets. If you are staying for more than one day, you should check out the "Magic your way" and Parkhopper passes. Magic your way tickets get a little cheaper for each additional day you are going, but you can only visit one park per day. Parkhoppers let you go to as many parks as you want in one day.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 04:35 PM

I only compared prices for 10 day Magic Your Way Premium tickets with no expiration. Ticketmania came to $379.00 per ticket, Undercover was $362.00 (discovered this rate after my tix were purchased with ticketmania) Purchasing through disneyworld.com would have come to $404.53 each.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 04:52 PM

Maybe this is a minor point, but I do understand buying "no expiration" tickets when buying in advance. That way if your trip is delayed you can still use them. But if you're standing at the park gate ready to go in, buying four day tickets because you are booked into a hotel for four days, I see no reason to buy the "no expiration date" ones, which are a fair bit more expensive.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:08 PM

We got all kinds of discount stuff from www.Go2orlando.com when we went to Orlando. We also stayed at a Holiday Inn right across from Universal & were able to get in before the park opened. We didn't do Disney that year but I seemed to remember they offered a small discount.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:18 PM

AAA does offer a discount, albeit small. It's nice to have your tickets ahead of time, so you can at least skip the first line of the day! AAA will also give you a "preferential" parking slip, that lets you park in a closer parking lot, if you are driving.

Patrick, the reason people liked non-expiration date tickets, is that they could be partially used on this trip, and saved for a return in a year or two. You get a better deal buying a multi-day Park Hopper than single day single park tickets. However, the new surcharges may negate that. I don't know since I haven't had to buy a ticket in five years!

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:28 PM

Ticketmania prices generally include taxes - which makes the savings appear minimal but can be significant if you're comparing to someone that doesn't include taxes.

www.mapleleaftickets.com generally gets good reviews on the disboards.

I think Disney offers a 15% discount on advance purchases of tickets.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 05:27 AM

A 5 day Premium ticket that expires is $273.00 and comes w/3 plus options for waterparks, Disney Quest and Pleasure Island entrances. For an additional $106.00 I received 5 more park days and 2 more plus options to use on a return visit, which I tend to do every 1 1/2 - 2 years.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:20 AM

We bought discounted tickets from AAA last year. The special parking that came with the tickets was a big help! We have 2 young kids ages 3 and 5. The shorter walk was a blessing.We went in May and the midday sun was pretty strong. July will be worse.

AAA has an office right outside disneyworld. Check their website if you can buy tickets from there.

They only give you one parking pass per purchase. We were travelling with another family so we had 2 cars. We made 2 separate purchases so we could each have a pass. Good Luck!