Reload this Page >

WDW NOV OR DEC AND WHERE TO STAY

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 1997, 08:20 AM
MOIRA

we want to go to wdw around thanksgiving but hear it is too crowded. Is the actual holiday that way? we need your feedback on the days before thanksgiving. also for the beginning of Dec. How are the water parks then? need to decide between staying at the Boardwalk, Grand Floridian ,or Polynesian. Any suggestions recommendations Has anyone stayed at the boardwalk? is being on the rail a must do once? we've been to wdw but this is our last time and have never stayed in the park. THANKS

Old Aug 3rd, 1997, 05:35 PM
jacqui

Hi, I live in Florida the best time to actually go to WDW is Oct-Nov and Jan-May. Anytime there is a holiday be aware most of the time it is crowded. The Grand Floridian and the polenisian are terrific. I'm a part time travel agent since I'm in college. But if you need any advise just send me an E-mail.

Old Aug 3rd, 1997, 06:33 PM
l.martin

We stayed at the Grand Floridian the last week of May to 1st part of June and just loved it! I am so glad we stayed there--the Floridian, in my opinion, was first class! The people all over WDW are so nice and especially so at the Grand Floridian ( they even went to a gift shop at MGM and picked up a T-shirt I wanted after I came back to the hotel!!) The hotel is beautiful and we stayed in #1601 (I believe) which was right by main lobby and everything. Definitely stay on the monorail!!!! After a tiring day I felt so smug that I didn't have to find a car--just hop on the rail ( there were hardly any crowds at this time ). The Polynesian was not appealling to me or the rest of our family, however we just saw the outside of it. But I really would not stay there at all just coz it looked "run down" which I'm sure it wasn't being a WDW resort but the Floridian just sparkles amongst them all....hope you choose it!

Old Aug 5th, 1997, 04:14 PM
Donna

We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas in early December of last year. We arrrived on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and found the parks to be relatively uncrowded. The weather was pleasant--warm enough to swim but not too hot in the parks. Typhoon Lagoon was closed for maintenance but Blizzard Beach was open.
River Country was open for only a few days out of the week. The Parks and hotels were decorated for Christmas and holiday festivities were taking place. We enjoyed our stay at the Villas. They were lovely and spacious. The Boardwalk itself was fun and lively in the evening. There were also a few restaurants on the Boardwalk along with a bakery and small grocery store.

Old Aug 6th, 1997, 06:56 AM
Susan

Got married last November at The Yacht Club. We stayed on the concierge floor and found the service
outstanding. (I believe the Boardwalk and Grand Flordian also have this service) Do be sure to make reservations soon though, as we are currently having problems getting a room in mid-october!

Old Aug 30th, 1997, 09:45 PM
andrea

We have visited the week before Thanksgiving and the week after. Both are uncrowded with good weather and the ability to go to the water parks. We prefer early December because the decorations are magnificent. No crowds! We love the Polynesian. It is updated and we were comfortable with our pre-adolescent boys being able to run around and have fun. We would not have been as laid back at other resorts like the Grand Floridian or the Yacht Club. We liked even better the Wilderness Lodge. I would never stay off property. Being right there is very worth it.