WDW- Favorite Park and Why?

Aug 5th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

WDW- Favorite Park and Why?

Of the four, what is your favorite WDW park and why? Also, could you end with a tip for first time visitors regarding your favorite park. Thank You.
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:00 AM
sam

Why that would be Magic Kingdom of course - the quintessential Disney Park. If you go to WDW and not see it, in my opinion, you haven't been to Disney. First timers, don't forget to use FastPass, it's the only way to see the parks and not stand in line for hours.
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:22 AM

WDW is a little hard to picture until you actuallly see it so try to leave your options open. If you have only 1 day to enjoy it, my recommendation for an adult would be Epcot. Try to stay for a few days and get a multi-park pass. There are affordale versions that would let you spend 1/2 day at each of the parks.
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:29 AM

My personal favorite is MGM. My husband and I enjoy rides and we don't have children.. so we enjoy the roller coasters and wild rides. If you have children , they would enjoy Magic Kingdom. Animal KIngdom is a good 1/2 day to 3/4 day park. If you go to ANimal Kingdom, go in the am because the animals are more active then. Definitely get a park hopper pass if you will be there several days. They are very convenient.
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:38 AM
GoTravel

Epcot.

One of the reasons is because we love to have an frozen margarita about 4PM while resting out feet in Mexico.

The Magic Kingdom doesn't serve alcohol.

Aug 6th, 2004, 07:49 AM

I liked MGM the best, too.

I was really disappointed with Epcot. I was very excited to go there, as I was ready for a change from the amusement park thing, and I like those sciency-type exhibits. But I found neither education nor entertainment at Epcot. I would definitely have settled for one. Least favorite park.
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:58 AM
GoTravel

What about Test Track and Alien Adventure at Epcot?

I like Ellen's Big Boat Ride.

Aug 6th, 2004, 08:27 AM

As an adult I mostly enjoy Epcot but....

When my kids were little, the Magic Kingdom was hard to beat! The anticipation in their eyes as you cross the lake to the entrance, meeting the charcters, the castle. Their joy was hard to beat. Go as early as you possible can. Have your tickets purchased in advance. Bring a big fanny pack with water and nutrition bars. You won't look funny, everyone has one!

I figure in about 10 more years I might be able to take grandkids!
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:16 AM

epcot for sure they have so much to offer other lands like going to europe and not the exspence great rides and great food my fav . for the money animal kingdom was the worst for me magic kingdom is my next fav . so just get out there and enjoy you cant beat disney for fun.
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:54 AM

MGM. We don't have kids and enjoy rides and roller coasters. I also love Universal Studios & Island of Adventure.
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:04 AM

We did the 4 parks and Blizzard Beach. We started with Epcot and ended with MGM. However, after 2 days I got tired of visiting the parks (we especially went for the kids), I have to admit that I liked MGM the most. There is a lot of action, shows, thrillrides like the R&Rollercoaster, the Tower Hotel etc. Animal Kingdom has a lot of green areas and is very beautiful. Epcot was a bit boring (there is nothing like the real Paris) and the Magic Kingdom is ok for little kids.
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:49 AM

We've been to WDW 6 times in the last 8 years. Since each park offers something unique and different, What I like is not what someone else would like. Personally, we like the Animal Kingdom & MGM (no particular order). My least favorite is Epcot. However, as noted above, many adults love Epcot. The best advice I can give (first timer or other) is to be at the park(s) when they open. By doing so, you can avoid the lines and enjoy the so-called E-ticket rides early. We usually head back to the hotel (we always stay on property) for lunch and a swim before returning to a different park late in the afternoon. Relax and enjoy, there's no silver bullet to a good/great WDW trip.
Aug 8th, 2004, 01:06 PM

Our family loved Animal Kingdom and went back twice--not just the live animals but also the dinosaur part was a particular favorite. Second fave was MGM. Least favorite was Magic Kingdom (more geared toward younger children). It was hard to get to and we got stuck on the monorail for half an hour on the way home. It just stopped in the middle of nowhere with no explanation, late at night after the fireworks. Kids were cranky, hot and tired.
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:09 PM

Only one day? Sacrilige!! But...

Overall Disney experience...Magic Kingdom

Something for everyone...MGM

Adults who love a slower pace....EPCOT
And finally, my least favorite...
Animal Kingdom. If you had more time in Orlando and like rides, go to Islands of Adventure. The best rides anywhere!!
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:12 AM

just to muddy the waters here, especially following the last post:

1. Animal Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. MGM (at the holidays only)
4. Pleasure Island and DT Disney
5. Magic Kingdom (put it number one if you have a child between 3 and 6)

You certainly can feel the crunch that Disney is in since their missteps with ABC, etc. The parks seem a little tired and way overdue for some magic. I think the Magic Kingdom is pretty lame for todays kids but would hate to see it become another synthetic Universal marketing clone. They need some new leadership and a huge pile of money to upgrade. The older hotels are looking pretty ravaged as well. LMF
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:26 AM

Before we had kids, I loved Epcot. Once our kids came along, I truly understood why Magic Kingdom was so Magical! It is now my absolute favorite...however I still love the World Showcase part of Epcot. Mexico is the best!