Water's Edge and Inn Resort in Westport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate any information anyone can provide on the vacation villas at the Water's Edge Resort and Spa in Westport, Ct.

Thank you.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 09:39 AM

I live near Westport and don't know of anything like this. Could you talking about Westbrook, CT? There is a Water's Edge there as we looked for my daughter's wedding. Try this:
http://www.watersedge-resort.com/
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:34 AM

The prior reply is correct. Not in Westport. A very nice hotel. Sunday brunch is decadent! Dinner's devine.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:03 PM

Hi, i live about 45 min from the Water's Edge Inn and Resort and actually stayed there several years ago. If possible, make sure you get a room in the main inn. we got a room/villa in one of the newer out-buildings and it was so pedestrian. the villas were in desperate need of a makeover and were very 1980's in decor and feel. the main building and common rooms are very nice, and have a quaint new england feel to them. overall, food is very good and the brunch is great, go early to get a good view. beach is only so-so, as it is on the long island sound. if you enjoy outlet shopping, there are two great outdoor outlet malls within 15 minutes of the resort. one is westbrook outlets and the other is called clinton crossing outlets. between the two, there is jcrew, GAP, ralph lauren, saks fifth avenue, nike, calvin klein, waterford, coach, brooks brothers, nautica, tommy hilfinger, cole haan, barney's of NY, dooney and bourke, fossil, jones NY, etc. karen
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 07:17 AM

In regards to the Westbrook location...I haven't been there in about 3 years but was there twice in one summer (once for a business conference and later for a wedding). It was a nice (and v. large) facility but the air conditioning didn't work when I was there for the conference and it was still broken when I was there a month later for the wedding (this was in the height of summer--very humid in CT). I found it also very crowded and the parking was not convienent. I'm sure they've repaired the AC by now, but I was somewhat disappointed in it. As for the Westport location, I do believe they have a banquet facility just outside of Stamford (not Westport) but I'm pretty sure there aren't any overnight accomodations.