Reload this Page >

Washington with teens Easter

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Jo

What are some fun places to take boys 17, 15, & 13 touring, restaurants, and nightlife. Also we arrive Easter Sunday, any advice on where to have Easter dinner. We are staying at the Hay Adams hotel. Thanks.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:02 PM
?

Washington, D.C. or the State of Washington?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:14 AM
Kristin

Your sons would probably like both the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods (and they're adjacent to eachother). Both are lively and hip, with tons of great restaurants and shops lining the streets. The main streets are 18th from Florida to Columbia (Adams Morgan) and 17th, 18th and Connecticut, from about T St. down to the actual Dupont Circle. Check out the Washington Post website's restaurant section and you can do a search for those 2 neighborhoods and find restaurants that sound good to you. Some of my favorites in those areas are Cashions, the Diner, Meskerem (Ethiopian), Luna, Mimi's, Johnny's Half Shell, Cafe Citron, Lauriol Plaza, and Gabriel.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:36 AM
Christina

Some of the nicer hotels have some well-priced Easter dinner specials. You might ask your hotel, they might be having a special (they do have good brunches). I might also call the Willard and Four Seasons to check their offerings. Georgia Brown's nearby (Southern cooking, very good and not skimpy) might be a good choice for Easter dinner, they also do a good buffet brunch, I'd call them to see:
Georgia Brown's, 950 15th St., NW; 202-393-4499. Sunday brunch 11:30 to 2:30.

Cashion's is a good idea, also, I think.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:43 AM
Jo

Sorry. Washington D.C.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 02:09 PM
shari

Georgia Brown's is totally booked for Easter Brunch.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:08 AM
pamr

They might be a little old for the zoo? Sites to see: Monument, Air & Space Museum, Natural History Museum, Jefferson & Lincoln memorial, Vietnam & Korean Memorial. Adams Morgan, Georgetown. If you have a car, get over to the Baltimore Aquarium & waterfront area, as well as the Six Flags. You can take the Metro from D.c to Alexandria - the Torpedo factory is a fun art gallery (its not a museum) & Alexandria itself is fun. Also, if you have a car Great Falls park is lovely!

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:48 AM
Polly

I can't imagine anyone of any age not enjoying the FDR Memorial along the Tidal Basin between the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials. It has a 'walk through' park setting and is filled with fountains. The flowers should be beautiful, but it will be crowded at this time of year.