Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Washington, DC Summerfield Suites Embassy Square reviews please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Mike W

My wife and I will be in DC in December and were looking for a hotel with a kitchen in the Dupont Circle area. The Wyndham Summerfield Suites - Embassy Square seems to fit the bill, but there seem to be few reviews on the property. Anyone stay there recently? Any other suggestions? Note this is not the Embassy Suites at Dupont Circle (some other threads got this confused). Thanks!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:48 PM
r-travels

I had reservations to stay there May2002, with two friends meeting me in DC. During a trip to DC in April, I walked over to it to check it out. While I didn't see any rooms, the place seemed nice, well-kept, and the staff was helpful. It's a stone's throw from the DupontCircle Metro Station, and the neighborhood seemed nice enough.

We didn't stay there however because my friends had made reservations at Embassy Suites Alexandria & refused to change plans. I had found a heck of a good deal for a two bedroom - two bath + LR/DR for much less than the ES "standard suite" we stayed at.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:46 PM
jo

stayed there a few years ago. found it very pleasant, good location, near MEtro and Dupont Circle restaurants.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 08:50 PM
x

It's a great place. Do it.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Mike W

I think we'll be booking it now. It just seems odd that the ES standard suites are nearly twice as expensive as the Summerfield Suites with a full kitchen. Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:31 AM
r-travels

Mike- please come back to this thread & post an update after your stay. I was glad to see Jo's endorsement of it too. I'll probably stay there next time. One reason for it being less expensive is that Summerfield Suites is a converted apartment building, while ES was newly built. Have a great trip.

btw - call the hotel directly. They had deals *NOT* posted on internet site last spring ... maybe now too.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Mike W

Will do on the trip report. I will try calling the hotel directly before I book it. The best I found so far was $106 on orbitz.com.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Mike

My one caution is that it looks nothin like the picture on the Wyndham Website. It is the former Embassy Square Suites, a nice hotel if a little dated. From a location perspective, it can't be beat.

The reason the Embassy Suites is more expensive is because it is newer and probably more up-to-date.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Frank

The Embassy Suites is wonderful! Many of the breakfasts are crap. Not at the Embassy,,,I still remember thos sausage & eggs. I luckued out, I checked in at 10 am ahd had breakfast on the day of arrival & departure.
My favorite location in the US... DuPon Circle in th evening...spend the day in the National Gallery of Art.
I use Hotwire.com & save a bundle.