Washington DC-May or October?

Apr 19th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Sarah

Washington DC-May or October?

We are planning to visit DC within the year and would like to get opinions on time of year to travel. I've been there three times for 4th of July festivities, but would like to go back when the weather is more agreeable for sight seeing on foot. Thanks in advance.

Apr 19th, 2000, 10:14 AM
George

Both May and October are good months to visit Washington. In May you might run into some school trips, but the weather should be moderate during either time.

Apr 19th, 2000, 12:23 PM
Christina

I agree they both would be fine, but October is about my most favorite month because I love the Fall colors and there's less humidity. There's not a lot of humidity in May and the spring flowers can be pretty, too, but I prefer October and it seems less touristy.

Apr 19th, 2000, 01:16 PM
Polly

There is never a clear answer. I live in the area and would vote for May because, in my opinion, October is more likely to be rainy.

Apr 28th, 2000, 05:20 PM
Cathy

My husband and I went to Washington,dc in October this year and loved this time of year. The weather was perfect for a sweatshirt or jacket and no line-ups. We had no line-up for the FBI tour and the halocaust building. I would go again in October with my children this time.

May 8th, 2000, 11:42 AM
BB

No question -- Fall is the best time to visit. We are overrun with tourists in the Spring, especially school trips. Weather tends to be better in the Fall -- October is rarely cold, & can be warm. Rain is not uncommon in May or Oct., so that shouldn't be the factor. Of course, we are having a drought now...

May 8th, 2000, 12:17 PM
Linda

My vote is for October! I love the fall foliage.

May 16th, 2000, 08:55 AM
Sarah

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm leaning toward traveling to DC in the fall.

Search this Thread