Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Washington DC...Any ideas for an "two-room suite accommodations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 07:42 AM
John

Hello all:

I am trying to plan a trip to DC. I am taking my "senior citizen" In-laws for one of thier "Rare" trips away from home! I was thinking that it would be best to pick a hotel that can accommodate 4 people, but not in the same room! Any ideas oon any "two-room" properties.... and,oh yes...at a budget price? Outside DC, but near Metro stops would work!
JOHN

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 08:30 AM
travellyn

Not exactly a suite, but I've really enjoyed the Kalorama Guest House. It was comfortable and near the zoo metro stop.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 08:55 AM
dc visitor

John, try the Embassy Square Suites by Homewood. They have two-bedroom suites for a very reasonable price ($150/nite). I can't remember the address, but the location was good, near Dupont Circle, I think. I looked extensively for my family of four when booking for the first week in April. This place is the only one I could find with two bedrooms.

Your other option, with room rates so low right now, is to book two rooms in a hotel. Some are going for $79-$99 nite, so your total would be under $200 before taxes. We actually chose this option.

A good website for discounted room rates is quikbook.com

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 08:56 AM
martha python

Hotel Lombardy in Foggy Bottom has one-bedroom suites with kitchenettes. I think the sofas in the living rooms fold out.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:53 AM
xxx3

If you're willing to use a sofabed, then any Embassy Suites would be OK. The best deal I've found is at the Best Western New Hampshire Suites in Foggy Bottom.