Search

Washington D.C. Hotel Question- The Quincy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2007, 06:09 AM
JJ5
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Washington D.C. Hotel Question- The Quincy

Anyone ever stay in this kitchenette hotel near Georgetown/Foggy Bottom area of Washington D.C. They offered me a terrific deal for a week's stay.

I have other good options but this one is tempting. Any users? Or opinions of the area.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 09:33 AM

The Quincy is a brand new name. It was formally known as the Lincoln Suites and has retained the same management.

You might do a search here and on tripadvisor, entering "Lincoln Suites". I recall many thought is was a good deal.

Location is pretty good. Convenient to
Metro - it is 2 blocks to Farragut North (red line) and 2 blocks to Farragut West (blue/orange lines) and an easy walk to the White House. There are many restauants nearby, including lots of good family choices (like Luigi's).
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 09:34 AM

BTW, it is in neither in Foggy Bottom or Georgetown. The Quincy is located "Downtown", "K st.", "Farragut" or even "Golden Triangle". I would call it "downtown".
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM

JJ5, I'm not even close to being as knowledgeable about DC hotels as Bardo and some others, but I wanted to mention one hotel I've heard good things about from local types. Have you looked at The Mansion on O Street?
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
JJ5
Original Poster

No I hadn't, and thanks for that one Devonmcj.

You know, it IS listed in Foggy Bottom on two of the three different search engines re travel and I do note that it actually isn't to me either, on the map.

The reviews on this one are mostly excellent to very good, despite it not being a fancy or trendy place in any way. What do you think of the location?

The tourists who review think it is in an excellent spot. One says it is a 2 block walk to Dupont Circle. It seems like more to me looking at maps.

Any other opinions are appreciated. The trouble is that there are lots of places that have average price and good location, YET neither have availability over 7 days or have more than 1/2 of those days high ended with rates about $100 a day more than their averages. I don't know why, probably late booking or else something else booking a lot in town at once. This week is 1/2 the price.

Usually I book pretty quickly, and this is unusual. But I did make the reservation to lock in this price, and can cancel without penality up to 3 days ahead.

Thanks!
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:34 AM

The Quincy is located on L Street NW, between 18th and 19th Streets. You're within four or five blocks of the White House, Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom and at least a dozen fine restaurants. From the outside it is an unlovely place but it is ideally located. The area is very safe.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:37 AM

I think the location is good. The area will be a little low-key after 8pm, but not at all unsafe. It's a block from the Mayflower, if that's a good reference point.

It is also close to both the Red line and the Blue/Orange lines, and is very close to the DuPont Circle neighborhood.

The one downside is that it is not in a residential area, nor a commercial area where things will be open late. It is surrounded by office buildings and the immediate area reflects that.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:44 AM

I think it's a fine location and suitable for your family.

It's only a 4 block walk to Dupont Circle (not 2) - not so bad.

While the office buildings and many stores close at night (the Borders book store 1/2 block away IS open late), many of the restaurants will be open (only the sandwich shops/starbucks, etc. will close earlier).
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
JJ5
Original Poster

Thank you all. I think we will do fine there if the Priceline fails. We aren't as big on the aesthetic as many and we love quiet too. I think we should be fine. And I really like the idea of a kitchenette with microwave and full size coffee pots for that long of a stay. vrbo were all $$$, and nearly impossible for a Wed. to a Wed.

And my SO would much rather stay out of the higher end big box beauties anyway. THANK YOU!