Reload this Page >

Washington, D.C. - Comedy Clubs

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Martha

Going for a long weekend in DC - does anyone have any recommendations for a good comedy club within the city?

Old May 7th, 2002, 03:59 PM
r-travels

While not a comedy club, look into the play "Shear Madness" at Kennedy Center. 22 years running now, it's an audience participation play, set in a hair salon, where a murder has occured. You get to solve it. It was great. Was going to see another in Alexandria on King St, don't recall the theater or name, but maybe someone else can contribute. ps- $32 for Shear Madness

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:57 AM
Suzy

Another comedy, but non-club, suggestion: Capitol Steps review. www.capsteps.com

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Martha

thanks for the suggestions! I will look both of them up today.

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:55 AM
SenBobby

Come by our "club" located under the Capitol Dome. We are the funniest people in all of DC! You ever hear my schtick 'bout my dawg Billy?

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Dick

Washington does have a real comedy club. The Improv is located on Connecticut Ave. between K and L Streets...right downtown.

Check their web site for performance schedules and ticket info.
http://www.dcimprov.com/

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Martha

Thanks again! I printed all this info - We will use it when we get to the hotel and learn more about what's offered on the weekend. you've been a big help!

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:57 AM
karen

"Capitol Steps" is terrific. I've not seen them at "home" but during their tours. They leave no one or no group untouched by satire!

Old May 9th, 2002, 02:29 PM
r-travels

The play I wrote about in Alexandria is "Crazy Love" - advertisements for it show couple embracing, with him thinking "She thinks I'm perfect", while she's thinking, "I can change him". Review said it's the kind of play where you'll get poked from some gal behind you saying, "See! That's how it is!" ... we wish we'd made it to that one too.

I went to www.washingtonpost.com, clicked "Entertainment", then entered "Comedy" for search criteria, and got these:

Jokes on Us Comedy Club 312 Main St. Laurel

Lords & Ladies of Comedy

Teddy's House of Comedy 617 I Street NW

A Night of In Your Face Comedy

Gospel Comedy Praise Mother's Day Show

Wiseacres Comedy Club and Lounge 8401 Westpark Dr. McLean

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Martha

Thanks to everyone, we had a great weekend! Ended up at the Improv, loved Bobby Slayton. Also had a Spirit of Washington Cruise, and took in a play at Ford Theater.

Love DC, can't wait to go again!