Warszawa in Santa Monica

Aug 9th, 2001, 04:05 PM
paula

Warszawa in Santa Monica

Has anyone been to the Warszawa Restaurant in Santa Monica? It supposedly serves traditional Polish food. I am really interested in feedback. We are going to visit our daughter and she'd like to take us, but she can't find out much about it. It is on Lincoln Blvd. ...can anyone help?

Aug 9th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Frank

Found some reviews:
http://digitalcity.netscape.com/losangeles/dining/

The series of small, softly lit dining rooms once comprised a private home; posters reflecting Polish culture cover the walls, and lace curtains cover the windows. A glass of Polish vodka will set your appetite on edge for excellent borscht or potato pancakes. Continue with roast duck or hunter's stew, and if you can manage, the chocolate-cream walnut cake for dessert.

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~teknique...staurants.html

Rating: 4 stars
Price: $20
Classification: European - Other
Review: Warszawa is one of the most wonderful restaurants I have ever experienced. They serve authentic Polish food made with care, and you can contemplate the Industrial Art/Bauhaus posters while you wait. The raspberry soup and crépe desserts are exquisite. They're expensive but not forbiddingly so, and you can stroll on the beach afterwards.

Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-393-8831

Aug 10th, 2001, 01:14 PM
paula

Cool!! Thanks so much for your help!!! We are always interested in exploring our heritage - we can't wait to try this out!

Aug 10th, 2001, 01:48 PM
memories

Wow.
The last time I saw the word Warszawa was when I was in Poland as a teenager.
I still have the map I bought in 1977 while I was there.

Thanks for the memories...

Aug 10th, 2001, 10:43 PM
Nan

Yes, it is a nice place and the food was really good when I ate there about a year ago.