Warner Brothers studio tour

Jun 18th, 1999, 08:07 PM
Julie

Warner Brothers studio tour

Does anyone have any information on the Warner Brothers studio tour in Hollywood? I can't seem to find anything--I checked the website and only found a virtual tour.

I remember reading on a previous post that WB would be preferable to NBC for anyone who wanted to watch a show being taped. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks.

Jun 20th, 1999, 11:51 AM
Dennis

You might be referring to one of my earlier posts.... actually what I said was that the TOUR at Warner Brothers was much better than the tour at NBC - but you'll have a much better viewing experience seeing the Tonight Show with Jay Leno taped than one of the sitcoms... Mostly because the Tonight Show is over in an hour, and a typical sitcom takes 3 to 4 hours to tape 22 minutes of comedy!
Besides, the really popular shows like "Friends" are booked months in advance....

Jun 20th, 1999, 06:05 PM
julie

Dennis-Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to your earlier post. Would you happen to know how I can get info for the WB tour?

Jun 20th, 1999, 09:27 PM
Sue

You must go on this tour. I've been twice (last time this past April). They start out with a brand new museum with costumes and props from some of the greatest films of all time. They take you through various productions areas (different each time, eg. props, scenic artists studio, sound stages, etc). This last time I was on the Drew Carey set. They also tour the back lot and at the very beginning is a 20 minute film. There is a good giftshop as well. Make sure you reserve in advance as it's between 10 and 20 people allowed on the tours only.
If you are a true film buff this is the best studio tour in L.A.
If you get a chance go visit the new Hollywood Entertainment Museum right in Hollywood about a block from the Chinese Theatre. Allow a minimum 2 hours.

Jun 20th, 1999, 09:32 PM
Sue

More info for Warner Brothers. 2 1/2 hour tour, $30 per person, Monday-Friday only. For reservations call 818-972-tour.
No children under 10 permitted. You can also reserve online see:
http://www.wbsf.com/cmp/reserve.htm