Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Crowds - Weather

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Amy

Our family will be at Walt Disney World June 7 - 12. What will the crowds be like and the weather. Also, we are booked at the Holiday Inn Family Suites Lake Buena Vista, has anybody stayed here? Do they have afternoon shuttles? Any info. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 12:52 PM
JIll

Hi Amy. It's not the worst time of year to go, but it's also not the best. It's hard when you have to go when the kids are out of school. Hopefully, schools will just be letting out, so a lot of people might wait until the following week. You should have great weather but a little warm. I would expect high 80's and 90's, without a whole lot of rain this time of year. Usually you get a downpour every day at 2 or 3 pm. It lasts about20 min. Plan on some good swim time in the afternoons when it gets really warm, then go back into the park later. the parks stay open late this time of year, so enjoy!

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 01:58 PM
lisa

I agree with the above - we were there last year at exactly the same time you're going this year - the days get very hot (90 plus) - so go early, leave midday (when the crowds get intense) and swim/relax; then go back as it gets late. One tip - we went to Animal Kingdom at 3-4pm - most people were leaving (hot/tired) so it was empty, and we rode everything/saw the animals etc without any lines.
enjoy - we had a great time, and the lines were not bad in the mornings.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Joy in VA

Check out wdwig.com, the best unofficial guide site IMO, for lots of info & trip reports.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 11:15 PM
johnny

Amy, we live in the UK but have travelled to Orlando several times.
This coming May we are going again and staying at the Holiday Inn Family Suites like you, we have never stayed there before but because we have a young son we thought it might be good for him. We have heard a lot of good things about the resort.
If you would like me to mail you when we get back from Orlando when I will be able to tell you a lot about the resort please mail me at [email protected] and I will write to you before you go in June.
Going in June, well we USED to go in Summer but to be honest we found it too hot and the parks very busy also.
Having said that 2 years ago we went in October when the parks are supposed to be quieter and the day we went to Magic Kingdom it was packed, so in my experience they are always usually pretty busy. The standard advice is get to the parks early and leave after a few hours for a break and return in the evening, after all the parks will be open later in the summer.
Anyway like I say please let me know if you would like me to mail you when we return.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Cheryl

I realize that WDW is always crowded but is what times of year would be better in terms of crowd control? ... FYI ... I would be going with my husband, no children.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 05:11 AM
abe

We have gone to WDW in late September and it was wonderful. The weather was not as bad and most children begin school right after labor day so crowds are down. It is still VERY busy on the weekends though so try to go during the week. September along with early May is shoulder season and the perfect time to go. the first schools let out the second week of May so get there before then!

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:19 AM
Lori

November and December are good times, too. Rates are lower, weather is mellow, and crowds are low! (By crowds being low, I'm talking about riding Space Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, or Star Tours several times in a row, just because you could do so without a wait.) In November you need to avoid Thanksgiving week. In December, obviously the early part of the month before Christmas breaks is best.

December is getting iffy now because WDW goes out of its way now to attract visitors during this typically slow time. They have special Christmas shows and decorations everywhere to lure in the visitors. The lobby of the Wilderness Lodge has a great display of gingerbread houses at that time, too!

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Mark

We went last year the first week in June. It was great. During the peak hours of the day, between 1 and 4 PM it would get up into the low 90's, but we had a young one that needed a nap, so my daughter and I were ablt to go back to the resort and swim during those hours. If is hot, just remember to take soem breaks at the resort.

Mark
enjoyyourtravel.com

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Debbie

My husband and I honeymooned at WDW in early April (April 2-6) several years ago and it was great! Not crowded at all and beautiful weather - 80s. A few daytime showers, but mostly sunny.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 10:14 AM
X

Debbie you lucked out on your honeymoon as the first week in april is spring break for many schools and thus TONS of children visiting disney. Different schools have different breaks but most fall between middle of marh and middle of april. I would avoid WDW during these times.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Sue

Early June is not a bad time of the year to visit Disney. Most kids aren't out of school yet and it is slow (for Disney). The weather isn't too hot yet either, like it will be in July and August. The absolute best time to go to Disney for low crowds is late August, all of September, early December and all of January (avoiding any holidays, of course). I have an annual pass and always make it a point to stay in a resort in September and January because that is the best time to avoid crowds and the weather isn't too bad.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Melanie

Amy,
I live in FL and have been to WDW many,many times. Generally Jan, May, Sep, and Nov are off times and when they offer special FL resident rates so it brings in the local crowds. Jan, Oct and Nov and early Dec are very good times to go. Not as crowded or hot. Our weather has been so unpredictable. Generally the rains start in June, but possibly not until later. Actually it is so hot you welcome them. Perhaps you will get there before the worst of the summer crowds. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. It is very nice and very much geared toward children. It has 2 separate sleeping areas-you can get one especially decorated for children. Each room has its own TV as well as one in the living room. There was a mini-kitchenette. They have a plentiful complimentary breakfast (or at least they did last year). You can see the fireworks at Epcot from the hotel. They have a game room for the kids and at least 2 pools. I drove so don't know the shuttle schedule. Usually they run several a day. I would check their website.