Walt Disney World

Apr 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Walt Disney World

I've finally been able to narrow my resort choice to either the Yacht Club Resort, or the Beach Club Resort. What is the biggest difference between the two? Where would you stay? Thanks!!
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:39 PM

You can see photos at either allearsnet.com - click on "Accomodations" or at suitedisney.com.

The Yacht Club is quite a bit more formal - it has a "blue blood" feel to it. I found it a bit too respectable for my blood - navy blue, burgandy etc. I absolutely love the Beach Club - don't get me wrong, it is absolutely lovely but the colors are brighter and it feels a little more relaxed. We rented Disney Vacation Club points from someone on Disboards.com for our stay at the Beach Club. It was more economical than just booking directly w/ the resort. That's not an option w/ Yacht Club.

Apr 8th, 2006, 04:36 AM

we usually stay at the beach club because it is just a bit closer to epcot.

the two properties are connected as one. share the same great pool (which is our draw to it) and restaurants are all easily accessed.

yacht club is more formally decorated, lots of navy. beach club has more beachy/caribbean colors. i believe the rooms have the same layouts. with young kids, we like the little day bed in the beach club rooms, not sure if the yacht club has that too.

i don't think you can go wrong choosing either one.
Apr 8th, 2006, 04:56 AM

Yacht Club tends to attract fewer families with young kids than the Beach Club does. However, since they share a pool, you'll probably not notice much difference. The main difference is style.
Apr 8th, 2006, 06:53 AM

I've been to both and there's not a whole lot of difference, although Yacht Club may be a little more formal. I prefer the Yacht club though because it's closer to the pool and the ferry to other parts around the lake.
Apr 8th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Is it true that there is a cool pirate ship for the kids to play on, but only if you stay at the yacht club? Which one has a better kids club? Thanks!
Apr 8th, 2006, 09:21 AM

The pool area is shared by both resorts, and yes, there is a cool pirate ship to play on!