Search

Walking in Carmel

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walking in Carmel

We have a trip planned to Carmel, Ca. and have reservations at the Tickle Pink Inn. Once we get to a destination I do not like to drive very much, however, it looks like the Tickle Pink is quite a ways from the shops and dining in Carmel. If this is so, are there other similar accomodations within walking distance of most resturants, attractions, etc. I'm not opposed to driving some, but I don't want to get in the car every time we want to go somewhere. Thank you.
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:23 AM

You are correct. From the Tickle Pink Inn you will need to drive to get to anything else. However, it is a beautiful drive. To see all of the sights in the Monterey County area , you will need to drive from wherever you stay. They are all spread out from each other geographically and public transportation is not a practical option. If you only want to be within walking distance of the quaint tourist village of Carmel-by-the-Sea, then you could stay in the village itself. Check expedia.com for hotels in Carmel-by-the-Sea. However, you won't find any lodging there that is in a spectacular location like the Tickle.
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:17 AM

I have nothing to add -- I just wanted to compliment montereybob on one of the most thorough and succinct answers I've ever seen on this board!!
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:39 AM

Hey, thanks for the compliment!
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM

The Tickle Pink Inn is actually nicely situated. Beautiful views and an easy 5-10 minute drive to the village. As montereybob points out, all the other area sights will require some driving. But distances between the Tickle Pink Inn, Carmel, Pacific Grove and Monterey are not that far and I don't think you will find driving to be much of a problem.

That said, when we visit I prefer staying in the village of Carmel for the convenience of walking to the shops, restaurants and down to Carmel Beach. However, I doubt you will find anything in Carmel that equals the Tickle Pink Inn.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the info. Tickle Pink it is !!!