Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Waitress! can I get some Oahu hotel help over here?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 08:59 AM
bob

In need of a beachfront hotel on Waikiki (nice). Looking at Halekulani and Kahala Mandarin Oriental. Holy cow are the oceanfront rooms pricy (470 a night). Is it worth it for a few nights or are we better off somewhere less costly? Also, any hints on finding rates less than the published rack rates at these 2?

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Maevis

Bob-Up at the top of this section there is a little box for text search, type in Oahu and you will get the information you need. Also, might want to get the entertainment book for discount coupons.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 12:25 PM
meg

Don't know about the Kahala, but the Halekulani is fantastic. We have reservations for January, not ocean view, for $300.00/nite, which is less than usual, because, they say, of the slowdown in tourist traffic.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Kristina

We stayed in a beachfront room at the Sheraton & it was great. Fairly inexpensive but has everything you would need & more.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 04:52 AM
bob

Which Sheraton did you stay at (I think there are at least 2 beachfront--the Waikiki and Moana-surfrider) ?