Wainiha Beach rental-Bancroft Builders

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been serching for the perfect Haena home for 6-7 people for 300.00 or under, as close to beach as possible.After like a month of searching, and saving, today i find this, on RENTALO.com. what does rentalo mean? Anyway, has anyone ever heard of a house with no name, just called Haena vacation rental under the Haena section. You have to go then to a website that takes you to "Bancroft Builders" ,and to homes i guess they've built and rent. They say it is in Wainiha. It is on the beach, almost in the ocean. I'm looking at my map and the way the road goes, I wonder if the road is as close to the house as the water, which is like in the house. Looks too good to be true, for the price. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or can anyone check it out. The first picture on the main web site is just a sunset. Thanks. If anyone wants the perfect home in Haena(can't afford it anymore.went way up in price) it's "Hale Makana" in Haena with www.kauaivacationrentals.com THE BEST!!!!!
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 08:07 AM

BUMP. I'm considering renting this home too, but I haven't been able to find *any* reviews. Has anyone heard anything about it?

http://www.bancroftbuilders.com/special.cfm?pagenum=491
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 08:16 AM

Although I'm not familiar with the house, it looks nice -- and is definitely oceanfront. Great place, if you only want to view the ocean, not get into it.

The beaches from Wainiha to just north of Ha`ena (near the old Charo's Restaurant) are lovely -- but the surf is _extremely_ treacherous, with strong rip currents and undertows...nad there are no lifeguards. Definitely not a place for swimmers (and only for the most experienced surfers and boogey-boarders).

Here on Kaua`i -- especially for northshore and eastside rentals -- it's always best to rent from one of our on-island vacation rental companies. They want repeat business, and will help you find the accommodations which fit your needs.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 11:00 AM

Thank you for the information! I'm not that worried about having a swimmable beach. Scenery and long walks on the beach are more important to me.

I'm also looking at Auntie's Ocean View, which I think is in the same area.

http://www.vrbo.com/28312
http://www.kauaiholiday.com/rentals/aunties/ocean/

Anyone familiar with this rental?
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 12:33 PM

We just got back from our trip to Kauai. We ended up renting the Bancroft Builders studio (they named the house "Lauralani" so maybe you'd get more hits if you search on that?). This may be a little long but I know I searched up and down the web for information about this place before I booked and didn't find much - hopefully this will make someone else's planning easier!

We chose it because it was right on the beach and seemed like it would be secluded. Also, it was available for a 2-night stay (most rentals are not) and the price seemed fair.

At first, I was a bit concerned because there was very little communication with the owners. You book online and then get a form to fill out and return. A week ahead of time you are supposed to get directions and a door code, but I had to ask for these early since our stay on the north shore was at the end of our 10-day trip.

A few days before we left I checked their availability calendar and it showed no one staying in the main house (yay!) and no one checking in or out within a few days of our stay so when I asked for the door code I also requested a late checkout (checkout time is 11 AM and we had a 10 PM flight - we were willing to pay their late checkout fee for a few extra hours in our room). It was denied without explanation, which was a little frustrating.

However, when we arrived most of my concerns were unfounded. We had no problems finding the place - it's right off the highway a half mile or so after the Wainiha store. We liked the location because it was about halfway in between Hanalei and Ke'e Beach, so everything we needed was pretty convenient.

Also, it's right on the beach with a nice view from the porch. Inside, it's nothing fancy - typical beach cottage decor - but there was plenty of room for the two of us, the bed was comfy, and the studio was well-supplied. We were VERY pleasantly surprised that it also had cable and wireless internet!

A couple of notes about what it does NOT have - a bathroom sink (there's only one sink and it serves as both the kitchen sink AND the bathroom sink), air conditioning (we didn't miss it), and an iron/ironing board. But overall, it had everything we needed and we enjoyed our stay.

The beach isn't swimmable but it's walkable, very pretty, and mostly deserted. We really enjoyed sitting out on the beach at night and listening to the waves and watching the stars.

We noticed that there was a car parked at the main house at night, which we weren't expecting because we didn't think it was rented out. Our last night we bumped into the people and it turned out to be the owners, doing a little work on the place. They showed us around the main house. It had plenty of room, a really nice master bedroom, updated appliances, etc. My husband asked again about the late checkout and we got permission to stay until 2 PM. (Yay!)

Overall, our experience with this rental was positive and I would recommend it.
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Hi life as a dance,
My wife and I are looking into the bancroft builder house in wainiha
We are looking at the main house. Could you tell me a bit about it. Is is clean. TOo close to the road? Do you hear the traffic? near a camp site? etc
thanks so much
cknobs
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 01:11 PM

cknobs,

I apologize - my reply is probably way too late for your needs but I'll respond in case others need the same information.

I didn't have any problems with the cleanliness of the rental. If anything was dirty, I didn't notice, but I don't have extremely high standards in this area.

It is *right* on the road and since you keep the shutters open for airflow, we did hear some traffic. However, it was minimal and didn't bother us.

No campsite nearby that I noticed.

Have fun!