Wailea for kids

Jun 19th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Wailea for kids

I searched the boards, but didn't see exactly this question so I apologize if asked and answered. We have good friends staying in Wailea at their condo; we'd like to be near them. What hotel has a great pool for kids but isn't quite as pricey as the Grand Wailea (which might be too much for my 2, 7 and 9 year olds). I'd love to find a baby pool, a pool with slides and atttractions for bigger kids, along with a nice beach for all of us. Suggestions?
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:18 PM

The Outrigger /Marriott Wailea is low key and A LOT cheaper than the nearby Grand Wailea. There is a separate kiddie pool area with 2 slides and all sorts of water features that kids the ages of your kids may enjoy. Plus lots of lawns to frolic on. Ulua Beach is about a 3 minute walk away (the beah at the Outrigger/Marriott is rocky.)
Jun 19th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

thanks! i just booked the Outrigger (thank you for the guidance) but also because we're going Xmas week and EVERYTHING seems to be sold out. Can we walk from Outrigger to our friend's at Wailea Point (which is between Four Seasons and Kea Lani)?
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:08 PM

Yes, you can walk to your friend's condo at Wailea Point, very easy. There is an oceanfront concrete, scenic pathway that connects all the Wailea resorts from the Renaissance to the Kea Lani. Take a flashlight because parts of it are very dark at night.

Your kids will get a huge kick from the Outrigger luau which is 3-4 nights a week and features an awesome firedancer. You can sit up by the kiddie pool and watch the show for free.
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:24 PM

My daughter and husband loved the kiddie pool there! Mommy got to lay back and read a novel - whoohooo!