Search

W New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Viv

W New Orleans

Has anyone stayed at the W New Orleans or W French Quarter? What did you think? Which one is better?

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Catherine

I stayed at the W French Quarter in September and liked it just fine. The room was very large and overlooked a wonderful courtyard. There is a very small, yet popular pool in the coutyard. Request an inner facing room so that you don't have to listen to street traffic. There were some minor "W" problems: some of the staff were inattentive, our room wasn't cleaned until 5:00 p.m. (one day only), front desk/operator/housekeeping take forever to answer the phone. However, I had a great rate and am more than willing to put up with the W attitude just to sleep in those Heavenly Beds!
Don't know anything about the other W.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 01:11 PM
threreuare

Here's some reviews of the W in the FQ:

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm156.showMessage?topi cID=44.topic

Here's some reviews of the W in the CBD (the one NOT in the FQ):
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...picID=45.topic

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Laurie

We stayed at the W French Quarter in December 2001. We loved it!! Our room was small, with a huge bathroom. The beds were wonderful, extremely comfortable with feather beds, down comforters and feather pillows. We really enjoyed the Aveda bath products provided. Our room had a patio/balcony that overlooked Chartres street. It was fairly large with a table and 2 chairs and I loved sitting outside to read and watch people go by. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. We even used the Whatever/Whenever call when my aunt needed an over the counter medication. They went to the drugstore for her and delivered the meds to our room and only charged a $3 service fee!We received this room through priceline at $66.00 a night and I would highly recommend it. Have fun! Laurie

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 11:56 AM
carol

when we were in new orleans this weekend, i went by the W hotel- the one not in the french quarter- to check it out. although i am sure it is a wonderful hotel, i didn't go in because i decided the location just wasn't as good as other hotels that are closer to the french quarter.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 01:21 PM
wendy

I stayed at the W New Orleans last May. It was very nice and we walked to the French Quarter from there. The beds were the most comfortable that I have ever slept on in a hotel! The only problem that I had was the Consierge. He recommened the name of a Jazz club but neglected to tell us the the neighborhood we had to walk through was not so nice. He should have told us to take a cab. Other than that it was wonderful.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 02:38 PM
jp

W in FQ is the best hotel I've stayed at in FQ N.O. The beds are the best ever and the hotel is nearly new. Small pool; but who has time for swimming in NO. Don't bother w/ the other W; its not close enough to walk in the FQ area and not the greatest area at night. have fun