Search

W Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 04:18 PM
Barbara

W Hotel?

Hi everyone.
I have been worrying over which hotel to stay. I have read warnings regarding six legged room mates and mildew. I had finally decided on the W but I read a really negative post. Any feedback on this hotel would be very helpful.
Thanks =)
Barbara

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 04:55 PM
John

In which city? W Hotels are located in many major cities.

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 06:26 PM
Barbara

Hi
Sorry
I missed the Hotel. It is the W. Hotel -French Quarter. Thanks. =)

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 08:39 PM
Bob

Take one old nasty hotel and add Pottery Barn beds= W Hotel French Quarter! Pick any of the nicer B&Bs or hotels and you will do better. I stayed there last night and it was just OK.

Old Jul 23rd, 2000, 08:59 AM
texasgirl

The W french quarter is fine, but i thought it was rather expensive for what we got _ maybe paying for the w name, i think? I liked the international house much better, in about the same price range. the rooms were bigger and the decor is slightly warmer, and i liked that it is a couple blocks out of the quarter. also, there is a larger W New Orleans, closer to the convention center _ i didn't stay there, but have heard good reports about it, and the common areas seemed more open and nicer than the W in the french quarter.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Meg

To the top...

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Mary

The "W" hotel we stayed at last June in New Orleans was at the riverside, across from Harrah's.

We had a most pleasant experience. Our room had a fantastic view of the riverfront park.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 04:23 PM
meg

There are two W hotels in New Orleans - one in the French Quarter (formerly de la Poste) and the other on Poydras (formerly Holiday Inn Crown Plaza).